• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Set up ok?

PeepersMum

Moving in
Real Name
Julie
DD566C78-20B6-45F1-8F69-06C54D0822CD.jpeg 7E5760FA-0818-4EC2-A6D6-6EB567F31FFB.jpeg 16F33D37-F82E-489E-AB7A-431E040A3D64.jpeg Hi, I’m fairly new to being a canary Mum. Is my set up ok?
Peepers has seed, millet, cuttlebone, water, song food, daily greens, and crushed / ground egg shell.
He doesn’t like his swing :(
Does he need more toys? What type?
He seems happy. Sings beautifully. Flies and hops about. Bathes.
Send me your input.
Julie and Peepers

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I love canaries, they sing beautifully.

His set-up looks great. I think he needs a few more toys. My parakeets had a lot of little wooden toys that I had tied to the sides of their cage. He probably is just not use to his swing yet.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Peepers is adorable!

Serin

Sprinting down the street
And I advise this to all new canary owners, make sure that he never stays up past sunset and stays on a natural day/night cycle, canaries are very sensitive and will molt, stop singing or become sick if their lighting is not strictly controlled. If he always wakes up at sunrise and goes to sleep at sunset, you will have no issues.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
What a cutie pie!!!

Clairecanary15

Real Name
Claire
What a lovely set up!

Try popping the swing within hopping distance of the perch. One of mine sleeps on his swing. Mine didnt go for the swing to start with until i moved it closer to the perch

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Handsome boy! I think it looks great! I used wooden clothespins to attach greens. In fact, maybe accessible from the swing? My boys liked their swings a lot, so maybe it's time or position. One of my guys used to tuck his head back and swing like crazy, looking kinda like a tennis ball on the swing. :)

Serin

Some like swings, some don't. One of mine will sometimes sit on a swing if it only goes back and forth and has two hanging points but is scared of those that swing any direction. Most of the time, he doesn't swing at all, and I've stopped giving him one because he'd rather have more space to fly. My other male likes the small swings and will go back and forth.