• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Separating the little devils

amsue0222

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amanda
Need advice about separating my GCCs. We got Pidge in March and the other two in june. We put them all together in the same cage but they are not being very kind or sweet to us since being together. I just bought two cages to separate them. Do I do it all at once, or put them in the other cages for a few hours at a time? Is this going to help them maintain their tameness ?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
If you are going to do it...maybe start out a bit at a time. Although, I'd recommend training first. Can't guarantee they will revert back though. Maui was not in the same cage with Zia and no matter what they were doing, she was a cling-on to Zia when out. Be prepared for possible plucking or other behaviors as well. I'm more inclined to let mine do their thing and if they need me, I'm there. @tattoosiva has a really good bond with their multiples...

amsue0222

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amanda
i feel 2of them enjoy one on one time still. I’m not too stressed about it but was trying to maintain some of the sweetness.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
i feel 2of them enjoy one on one time still. I’m not too stressed about it but was trying to maintain some of the sweetness.
Monica's training perhaps? Signature line link. Maui is kind of grumpy at the moment but she does respond to positive reinforcement.