• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sent off for a winnowing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Does anyone have any advice on these machines that they can share? Have Chaz wasting his seeds lately, by throwing his seed bowl everywhere. Have just sent off for one that you plug into the electricity and use, not the type you use with your sweeper. Have an idea it will save an awful lot on the food bill in the long run. Anyone use one out there?

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Anything that helps save seed, would be a good thing. Could you post a link to the winnower you ordered? I don't think they are very common here or in the US.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
that is interesting I would love to hear more about it. The only time I have ever heard of anyone doing that was when we were in this small farming village in China and we watched this lady winnowing canola seeds.

Last edited:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
The one I have sent for is not cheap but works independantly to the one being used with your electric sweeper. As we have now got wooden floors laid, the sweeper has become redundant and hence the type with its own motor.
Will try to send you the link but bear with me, might need the assistance of one of the brainier members of our family to post the link!

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
wow, never heard of this. as for posting the link you just copy it and paste it.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
You make it sound so easy to do,but afraid not for a clutz like me! Soon as Kim my granddaughter visits next I will ask her for some valuable help and she will probably get it done in minutes. she then takes the time to teach me how and I am so grateful to her.
End of this month will be the anniversary of my brain bleed, and the year has gone by on wings. Will try to pluck up enough courage to start driving again and then plan to join a class on computers! That should make a huge difference to how I cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.