• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Seeking perspective on past canary.

alliered

Checking out the neighborhood
I'm very new to this forum and haven't used a forum in general for a long time. Before I get into it, I want to make sure this is the appropriate place to post.

I had a canary years and years ago. I don't know why now, all these years later, but I'm just now processing my grief.

There's some things that happened that I really want to understand better, but they're quite graphic, so I don't want to post that in the wrong place.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss. You can post it here, but if you have questions about a health issue that caused your bird's death it may be better to post in the health section.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Welcome to the forum.
Myself, and I'm sure many members have experienced bird loss and greif. And unlike non bird people we really understand how intense that can be.

Grief and loss can take time to process. I'm still 2 years later processing the loss of my Neptune...and I can't really bring myself to open up about that yet.

Do you have other birds? Or thinking of getting a new friend?

alliered

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you both. I'll be posting in the health section. I haven't had birds in a long time. The intensity of their death just terrified me and I was maybe a pre-teen at the time. I'm still kinda scared of direct interaction, but I enjoy watching the outdoor birds and such.

I do have other companion animals I find much comfort in :)