• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

seeking info on my macaw leg band

Alaskan parrot

Checking out the neighborhood
I am looking for any information I can , I have recently rescued a b & g , she has a band on her left leg engraved with - RAINTRE 169 - any info on this band ? thank you in advance

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I was told once that leg bands only make sense to the breeder.

Can you find her breeder through her medical records? Or past owners?

Welcome to the group by the way :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Nice share @Zara I didn't know that was on our lovely forum. So much info here still exploring and finding new things! :) :giveme5:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It is a good read. Especially if that´s the sort of info people are seeking. Lot´s of great links and people who know their stuff RE leg bands.

Yes, there´s so many threads. Plenty to sit and read that´s for sure! :)

S13Fire

Moving in
I am looking for any information I can , I have recently rescued a b & g , she has a band on her left leg engraved with - RAINTRE 169 - any info on this band ? thank you in advance
Hi! I also have a B&G that has the same band on her left leg but the numbers are different than yours. I was told she was 11, but today while getting her nails& beak done they told me her band is rounded & they quit using that style in 1985! So I’m trying to find info on her band & an idea of her age or anything and your post is the ONLY thing I can find & im really really hoping you will see this and share anything you have found in your search. Thank you so much.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hi! I also have a B&G that has the same band on her left leg but the numbers are different than yours. I was told she was 11, but today while getting her nails& beak done they told me her band is rounded & they quit using that style in 1985! So I’m trying to find info on her band & an idea of her age or anything and your post is the ONLY thing I can find & im really really hoping you will see this and share anything you have found in your search. Thank you so much.
The member you’re hoping for a response from hasn’t been on for quite a while now. Hopefully one of the other members here can offer some help if you start your own thread.