• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Scared

YogiBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kris
My conure was spooked by something loud in the adjacent apt and ran HEADFIRST into the wall. He then flew into my room which is dark and quiet. I got so scared and called every animal hospital. Nothing is open today but i have an emergency appt tomorrow. Im so scared he has a concussion. His right eye was a little droopy at first, but hes preening and muttering and flying as usual. Im crying with how stressed i am about this.

If anyone can help or just advice please. I want him to last till morning when i can get him to the vet

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would keep him caged, something like a carrier would be good, to limit his movement some. Make sure he has easy access to food and water.

Big hugs!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would keep him caged, something like a carrier would be good, to limit his movement some. Make sure he has easy access to food and water.

Big hugs!
What I'd recommend as well. Hopefully he was just slightly stunned and won't have any lasting issues.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
What I'd recommend as well. Hopefully he was just slightly stunned and won't have any lasting issues.
Same
Cage rest, but out for cuddles..so as to not increase blood pressure give time for any brain swelling to go down . Right after an accident they are more prone to have a nother accident if concussion or such .

I fell in the tub once knocked myself out. I seemed fine. But the next day I woke up and everything tilted sideways, vertigo, stumbling, some vision trouble. Off to emergency and told it's post concussion syndrome, nothing to do but rest and stay quiet for a few days ...

I can imagine how scared ! It's so difficult we love them so much . Hopefully rest and recovery, possibly vet will give meds to reduce brain swelling if they feel it's that bad and needed.

YogiBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kris
Same
Cage rest, but out for cuddles..so as to not increase blood pressure give time for any brain swelling to go down . Right after an accident they are more prone to have a nother accident if concussion or such .

I fell in the tub once knocked myself out. I seemed fine. But the next day I woke up and everything tilted sideways, vertigo, stumbling, some vision trouble. Off to emergency and told it's post concussion syndrome, nothing to do but rest and stay quiet for a few days ...

I can imagine how scared ! It's so difficult we love them so much . Hopefully rest and recovery, possibly vet will give meds to reduce brain swelling if they feel it's that bad and needed.
Oh jeez im sorry that happend to you!! And absolutely yes. Hes in the cage and behaving normally... But that's not gonna stop me from taking him to the vet tomorrow. Hes eating and drinking and even took a bath! But id like an xray or mri or something for PEACE

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Oh jeez im sorry that happend to you!! And absolutely yes. Hes in the cage and behaving normally... But that's not gonna stop me from taking him to the vet tomorrow. Hes eating and drinking and even took a bath! But id like an xray or mri or something for PEACE
Sounds like he is doing good..still swelling by eye?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
How did you get on at the vet? Hope he's doing ok!

YogiBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kris
Sounds like he is doing good..still swelling by eye?
No swelling thank god. Hes still balanced, eating, drinking, etc. He even took a bath. I just worry that hes hiding symptoms.
How did you get on at the vet? Hope he's doing ok!
Im actually headed there now. Its 731am and they open at 8. I wanna be the first one in there.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No swelling thank god. Hes still balanced, eating, drinking, etc. He even took a bath. I just worry that hes hiding symptoms.

Im actually headed there now. Its 731am and they open at 8. I wanna be the first one in there.
Glad he's acting normal. Hopefully he'll get a clean bill of health and all will be well.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So glad he is ok.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a relief I'm so glad all is well.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Peace of mind is always worth the vet visit :) So glad he's okay!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So glad you had him checked out and all is good.
Better safe than sorry :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Wonderful news!!! :bliss: