• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Scabies? and my boogers!

BirdieKissesXD

Moving in
Real Name
Hope L.
lol, sry might have confused u there, I often call my birdies, boogers :p
Anyways, I was convinced into going to the YMCA for swimming. Not only was my primary dr, and counselor telling me i needed to attend. But health wise, I am 380lbs. and 5'3''
I am pushing to get the bypass surgery, but dont really no how that will turn out.
ANYWAYS! so it been about a week, since I visited the pool, and now for the last 2 nights I have not been able to sleep due to raging itching allover, and I have red rashes in my fat folds, and some irritation as well.

I kind of came to the conclusion last night its probably them scabies, due to the symptoms im experiencing.

One of my big concerns, is my boogers! can they get such a thing from me? and if they can, what is the best thing to treat it with.

I have not noticed any odd behavior from my boogers, they seem very happy, alert, and ect.
but I ust wanna make sure everything will be ok on their end.

and I swear I will NEVER go to a gym AGAIN!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Get your butt to a doctor! Could become worse whatever it is. Once you find out then you can go about treating the birds if you need to..I'm sorry this happened to you.

BirdieKissesXD

Moving in
Real Name
Hope L.
So, Dr said it's probably candidis, and irritation from the chlorine. So, I got meds. I asked her, I no ur not a vet, but do u think birds can get this, she said no.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Glad the doc gave you some meds. Get better soon.