• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Saving Gigi's feathers

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
First moult for my little Linnie, Gigi, and I am saving her feathers in a baseball card sleeve. 2 tail feathers out and I see the little replacements. 2 wing feathers, lots to go. I'm a proud Mama. I'll be putting these with my collection of my kids' hair. :)

Does everyone have a feather collection?

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Feathers (2).jpg I think most of us do. I especially like Cockatoo and Macaw feathers but do not have any. I still have some Linnie feathers too. Mickey lost 2 tail feathers today and one very special dot feather which I love. Love to color feathers in my adult coloring books.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I tried to collect feathers, but a certain bird who shall not be named found the baggie I had them in and incorporated them into her nest.
It was my Kissy Trissy.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
I collect my birds feathers for several reasons. Dexter is a therapy animal, giving away molted feathers gives people a souvenir and keeps kids from wanting to "collect" them selves.
My first cockatiel, Blackbird passed away some time ago. I couldn't afford cremation, so I was very grateful to find a baggie with her first mol t inside. One of my first purchases after I got my job was to buy and urn for them. I open it once in a while to look at her feathers and remember her.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 280480 I think most of us do. I especially like Cockatoo and Macaw feathers but do not have any. I still have some Linnie feathers too. Mickey lost 2 tail feathers today and one very special dot feather which I love. Love to color feathers in my adult coloring books.
So pretty! I love that coloring page!

Ooh a dot feather. I bet that's a cutie. I collected feathers from my birds through the years, but during a massive purge before a move, they were discarded. Wish I had a few, but will start again with my little green girl.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I tried to collect feathers, but a certain bird who shall not be named found the baggie I had them in and incorporated them into her nest.
It was my Kissy Trissy.
hehe, a birds gotta do what a birds gotta do