1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Saving Gigi's feathers

Discussion in 'Nursery Rhyme Drive' started by Dona, 6/28/18.

1. Dona

Dona Sprinting down the street

Dona
    First moult for my little linnie, Gigi, and I am saving her feathers in a baseball card sleeve. 2 tail feathers out and I see the little replacements. 2 wing feathers, lots to go. I'm a proud Mama. I'll be putting these with my collection of my kids' hair. :)

Does everyone have a feather collection?

Attached Files:

hrafn likes this.
  2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Feathers (2).jpg I think most of us do. I especially like Cockatoo and Macaw feathers but do not have any. I still have some linnie feathers too. Mickey lost 2 tail feathers today and one very special dot feather which I love. Love to color feathers in my adult coloring books.

Dona likes this.
  3. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    I tried to collect feathers, but a certain bird who shall not be named found the baggie I had them in and incorporated them into her nest.
    It was my Kissy Trissy.

Peachfaced, hrafn, TikiMyn and 2 others like this.
  4. HolliDaze

HolliDaze Jogging around the block

Machelle
    I collect my birds feathers for several reasons. Dexter is a therapy animal, giving away molted feathers gives people a souvenir and keeps kids from wanting to "collect" them selves.
    My first cockatiel, Blackbird passed away some time ago. I couldn't afford cremation, so I was very grateful to find a baggie with her first mol t inside. One of my first purchases after I got my job was to buy and urn for them. I open it once in a while to look at her feathers and remember her.

Dona likes this.
  5. Dona

Dona
    So pretty! I love that coloring page!

Ooh a dot feather. I bet that's a cutie. I collected feathers from my birds through the years, but during a massive purge before a move, they were discarded. Wish I had a few, but will start again with my little green girl.

6. Dona

Dona
    hehe, a birds gotta do what a birds gotta do

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)