• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sassy...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Ever since Buddy has demonstrated that she's a girl, she's become much sassier. She still gives us heck in the morning..she wants to be fed FIRST...every day. Now she sasses at us when she wants to go to bed in the evening, and will complain if she hears anything that wakes her up after she gets covered.
She even sasses when she sees us interact with the tiels...I guess she thinks all attention should be on her...I think we have a new Diva developing here.

And yes, when she isn't sassing, she's still grumbling...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Ever since Buddy has demonstrated that she's a girl, she's become much sassier. She still gives us heck in the morning..she wants to be fed FIRST...every day. Now she sasses at us when she wants to go to bed in the evening, and will complain if she hears anything that wakes her up after she gets covered.
She even sasses when she sees us interact with the tiels...I guess she thinks all attention should be on her...I think we have a new Diva developing here.

And yes, when she isn't sassing, she's still grumbling...:rolleyes:
Someone has to keep you in line!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I like Buddy's new sense of sassyness...she's showing a more independent side, which I try to encourage from all of our birds...:)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sounds like fun... :hehe:
I'm so pleased with the progress Buddy has made with us. When she came from the sanctuary almost two years ago, she was shy and reserved...unusual for Nandays. Now she's vocal, feisty, and full of life...;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Honeymoon is over.....

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
She is laying down the law...just like every other woman I've known!:hehe:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm so pleased with the progress Buddy has made with us. When she came from the sanctuary almost two years ago, she was shy and reserved...unusual for Nandays. Now she's vocal, feisty, and full of life..

This is absolutely wonderful!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Buddy continues to be a sassy Diva. She gets fed first in the morning, per her order. She's also getting more and more independent...choosing what and how much time SHE wishes to spend with the humans here. She's also demanding of WETS...almost as much as Milton is.

She also loves her Uncle...whenever he stops by, she demands his total attention...:)

She definitely is her "own bird"...something we work for with all of our birds...;)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
That's so great that she went from shy to her full conure-diva self! :D I love it when they can decide how much time they want to give to humans. Too cute, I love hearing about her.

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
That's great that Buddy is adjusting well! I have a soft spot for Nandays...I'm definitely seeing early signs of sass from my new cockatiel! She wants what she wants when she wants it.

Went to visit her again today and she was not happy about Mom interrupting her 'tiel friend time, so I walked her around the store to make some new friends. She started to get antsy again after a while, so I went to put her back in her cage and she suddenly clung to me instead: "Never mind Mom, you're warm!"

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I love it when they can decide how much time they want to give to humans.
That's the one thing that I work for with all of our birds. There are people (not here on AA) that think that we should give more attention to our birds, or wonder why we don't teach them tricks, etc. I always say that I want my birds to be independent...not dependent on us for entertainment...and also not to be considered AS entertainment for us.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That's the one thing that I work for with all of our birds. There are people (not here on AA) that think that we should give more attention to our birds, or wonder why we don't teach them tricks, etc. I always say that I want my birds to be independent...not dependent on us for entertainment...and also not to be considered AS entertainment for us.
Exactly! Let them choose when to hang out with us and when they'd rather do their own thing. I do notice though that they always decide to hang out with me at meal time! Lol

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Couldn’t agree with you more :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I do notice though that they always decide to hang out with me at meal time! Lol
...goodness, is that true. :)

You can use that to your advantage too...like when you want them to try a new food...if they see you "eating" something, you KNOW they'll suddenly become interested in trying some...;)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
...goodness, is that true. :)

You can use that to your advantage too...like when you want them to try a new food...if they see you "eating" something, you KNOW they'll suddenly become interested in trying some...;)
Milton taught you that didn't he!!!