• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sandbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe
Do you think Sparx would like a sand box to play in? I could get a 15" wide, shallow ceramic dog bowl (so it wouldn't tip) and then put a bunch of acrylic foot toys in there for her to play with.

Think she'd like it?

Lex123

I would be afraid of her eating it..... I know a memeber her showed pics of something like that, though. She used clean cracked corn and then stirred in foot toys. It is is a really great idea, that I may just use too!

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
I would be afraid of her eating it..... I know a memeber her showed pics of something like that, though. She used clean cracked corn and then stirred in foot toys. It is is a really great idea, that I may just use too!
I was thinking that, too.. But it would be a very fine sand, so it wouldn't stay in her gizzard like grit, if she did taste a tiny bit.

I mean, she eats her poop like daily, and she lives through that! :)

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
And then i could just use a kitty litter scoop to sift out the poop to keep it clean!

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Plus, some people use sand as the substrate for their aviaries, don't they? And their birds don't eat it, do they? Hm.... I would be interested to see what that person who had a sand box w/ foot toys stirred in has to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.