• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Samskeyti

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:sorrow:I'm so very sorry. :sorrow:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am very sorry for your loss

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Although nearly all of my pets are special needs in some way or another, Samkeyti was something else entirely. I have journals upon journals upon journals filled to the margins with nothing but information about Sam: her daily weigh-ins, feeding schedule and feed response, the minutest changes in temperature and humidity, progress (and relapse) reports, medical history, programs her vet and I came up with...just endless, day-by-day, hour-by-hour, minute-by-minute details of pretty much every moment I had with her.

And this shows just how much you cared for your Sam. I’m so terribly sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl, but she was incredibly lucky to have you as her person, who, as you said, did spend a massive amount of their waking hours tending to her and making her happy and comfortable. I’m sorry that you couldn’t have longer with her, but because of you, she proved the vets wrong and lived 7 years rather than only 1 year. Thank you for caring for her so much, and for giving her a great life. Many hugs to you, and I pray that your sweet memories of her will bring you some comfort. :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
You gave her the love and dedication she deserved. You have spent 7 careful years giving her so much of yourself.

I am sorry for the loss and for how empty you must feel.

Allow yourself that pain. Each day will get a tiny bit easier and you will find yourself again. Special needs pets are almost harder to let go. They become so engrained in our routine. Thank you for giving her so much love.

Warmest and most sincere hugs are being sent your way.

:sadhug2: