• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sam Axe Update

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Update so I don't cause clutter elsewhere.

I recently found some of the pictures from when I first met Sam, and actually obtained some of his old vet records from when his left wing was drooping and he was very emaciated from 2009 when she first brought him home.

And here are some now;

Stepping up on a stick is something we're still working on but he's come to understand that the stick is not a horrifying evil monster but a means of transportation. We've started to work on him exercising by flapping his wings on the stick, slow progress but the vet remarked about how strong his legs are! He's far from a perch potato. He's always been a good eater, and with his history of emaciation... I can kind of guess why. But, that's the past, and if he can move forward from it, that's all I can ask for. :heart:

Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality, they're from my phone and not always in natural lighting.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:wow: He's not even the same bird! He' so healthy and happy he glows. :pinklol3: I love his room and that cage is great! :wideyed:

And you, my dear, are gorgeous! :shocked2: I'm trying to figure out what actress you remind me of. Has anyone ever told you? It could help me out. :chin:

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
It made me feel like I was doing right by him when I looked at the difference - he’s still sweet but I love his spunky resilient personality. :heart:

We live in a shed finished to be a tiny house my parents and I finished it so thank you! :D It’s comfy and we’re around each other all the time when I’m home.

Oh :shy: thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I’ve heard Zoey deChanel or something like that? I remember looking her up and thinking I looked nothing like her :roflmao: I don’t watch much tv these days.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I can see where they'd get Zoey, but that's not who I was thinking of. :think1: I think it's an 80's or 90's actress, so pretty.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I can see where they'd get Zoey, but that's not who I was thinking of. :think1: I think it's an 80's or 90's actress, so pretty.

I think with her it's the dark hair light eyes combo. Ummm... I mean, I love 80s movies but I'm not sure I could name many of the people in them, sorry I'm not much help!
(I mean, when I have bad breakouts on my face I feel like I look like Jeff Goldblum in The Fly remake :lol:)

So happy for you and Sam! He's a lucky bird to have found someone to care for him like you :heart::heart::scarletc:

Thank you! :) Very sweet of you to say. I'm the lucky one.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
In this world, there are things that are meant to be....call it fate, kismet, whatever. I believe that every human who loves avians has that "special" one...the one that truly is their :heart: bird. The magic is finding that special one.

Cassie was my :heart: bird...and Sam is yours...:yes3:

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
In this world, there are things that are meant to be....call it fate, kismet, whatever. I believe that every human who loves avians has that "special" one...the one that truly is their :heart: bird. The magic is finding that special one.

Cassie was my :heart: bird...and Sam is yours...:yes3:

I’ve read about Cassie and I’m so sorry that she’s over rainbow bridge. My heart-dog is there too.
Sam is beyond a shadow of a doubt my heart-bird, I agree completely we were meant to find each other.