• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe or Not

Shannon1961

Checking out the neighborhood
My roommate brought home Nature's Miracle Pet Block today and started spraying it on floor surfaces. Is it bad for my birds? I have a Quaker and a Cockatoo. I looked up the ingredients and searched google to see if I could find the answer but came up blank.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Maybe have a look at some of the threads about essential oils. I have no idea what this product is like and if the smell is strong but there are some concerns using essential oils with pets especially birds. There are only a few ingredients so it should be fairly easy to find out if cinnamon oil, lemongrass oil and the other things listed are something to be cautious with around your birds. I think you would be best to research each ingredient individually as opposed to researching the product as it is.

Sorry I can not be of more help. I am extremely careful with spraying anything around my bird as anything sprayed will have airborne particles for a while, I can totally understand your concern here. I hope some other members will come along soon and maybe give you some better help :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Last edited:

Shannon1961

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you for the info. My roommate is very careless. He doesn't consider anything else including my health. He actually sprayed it first to see if I would notice it or if it bothered me. Well unfortunately it is bothering me. Though he only used it in a small area it's penetrating the whole house. My suggestion to anybody that's considering using anything like that... don't do it.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I hope you manage to sort something out that works for you all.
As on board as my whole family are about my birds health they do not always know of certain items being an issue.
I have had to tell them about hairspray, fly spray, deodorant, cleaning chemicals, perfume (the list goes on and on) and the latest one this week was eucalyptus spray for relief of a cold. Others do not always realize how dangerous certain things can be, fingers crossed you can educate your room mate on bird safety issues and maybe help him come up with an alternative way of keeping his cat or dog away from the area he was spraying.

What are your birds names?