• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe nut cheese?

Magisceris

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Magisceris Rose
So I have an unhealthy love for string cheese (only the white kind tho) but I have two sassy GCC's as well. They will go after food in my hands, they will try to take my plate from me, they even try to grab it from my mouth as I'm taking bites. So these little buggars got a taste of string cheese, and now holy canolli I can't get a piece of string cheese out without them both going nuts. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations of replacements for them? I wasnt sure if there was a way to make "almond cheese" as there is almond milk and yogurt. I would go for any nut I suppose as long as its healthy and safe for them. I figure if they can have minimal tree nuts it'd be better than dairy which they REALLY don't need. Any tips or products you have to offer will be appreciated!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My tiels always want to taste string cheese when my kids eat it. I think they are attracted to the texture when they see the strings. Maybe try whole wheat spaghetti once in a while, or cooked veggies cut into strips. I don't know anything about making another type of cheese like food.