• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe Eucalyptus source?

orphansparrow

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Hi there! I was planning on ordering some Eucalyptus branches/leaves from an Etsy shop that seemed great (diphrentcreatureLLC), but looks like they are gone! I really want to try Eucalyptus for my Green Cheeks. I've seen wonderful photos like this from @EucProducts that used to be on AA, and hasn't been active for a long time.
1702701565999.png 1702701609712.png

Does anyone know where I can get good Eucalyptus branches?

Thank you!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
China Prairie used to have them, but I'm not sure how long they are.

PetFoster

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie
I purchased some several months ago from China Prairie, but it was a different kind of euc I think. The leaves were much bigger, and only on tiny twig like branches. I tried them with a cockatoo I was fostering, and he was somewhat interested in them, but I did not purchase them again. They didn’t last long, even though I thought they smelled wonderful (my family disagreed).

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Thank you @aooratrix and @PetFoster
Yeah, I don’t like the looks of the China Prairie stuff. I want to really hang it all over, not just have little chunks.
I work as a floral designer and we get tons on, but it’s all sprayed before it gets there with something so it’s no good for parrots.
@PetFoster I love how it smells too :)

Does anyone else have a source?

PetFoster

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie
its been about a year since I ordered the China Prairie stuff, but it actually shipped from Euc Products, I think! You might reach out to them and ask if they can ship what you are looking for. Eucproducts.com. Let us know what you find out!

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Thank you @PetFoster ! I just ordered their 2 foot branches w/leaves so hopefully they'll turn out nice. Thanks so much!