• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sadie Bear

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Sadie is my 13 year old corgi/dachshund mix. Today we were diagnosed with fluid around her lungs and heart failure. Hopefully meds will keep her around for a few more years. She holds a special place in my heart :heart: E60B4ED2-79B0-47F9-99D0-86B378C77973.jpeg C27CF9AB-2F22-402D-9C12-288767407874.jpeg 83990065-6253-416F-86E5-296206588BBA.jpeg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a cutie! That toy box picture is a hoot! I hope her condition is manageable for many years, too.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hello Sadie, you be good dog and follow the directions from your mom, stay as healthy as you can and don't forget to take your medicine.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
:hug8:
I hope so. And she's precious in her tiny box!
Heal well little one, I hope she has many healthy years left too with her medicine.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Sadie is ill. Hope that the medication will help.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
She is adorable..........I am in a similar boat, my Bobo is 13 years old and this year so far has REALLY aged. I think he has a little dementia, he acts like he sees things that aren't there and tries to run after them. He is always cold and I have a heating pad for him. The other day we were on the elevator going for a walk and when the door opened he acted like he had no idea where he was. He is the BEST dog, and even though I shouldn't have favorites, he is one of my favorite dogs I have ever had. The two of us have always been in sync and he follows me everywhere. Curls up and sleeps on the bathmat while I'm in the shower. I hope I can get another year or two with him! He loves bird poop LOL!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh Sadie :sadhug2: you hang in there, baby.

I’m not sure I knew you had a corgi mix aka honorary corgi. I had them from age 10 until one year ago.

She is a cutie

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Oh Sadie :sadhug2: you hang in there, baby.

I’m not sure I knew you had a corgi mix aka honorary corgi. I had them from age 10 until one year ago.

She is a cutie
Yep! I’ve had her for 12 years :)

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I can make her last days, months, weeks, years as comfortable as possible. It wasn’t too serious, so I’m hoping we can make it another 3 years!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8: