• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SAD UPDATE Post #37-Prayer warriors needed!

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
I'm so sorry, RIP Patch.. Run free:sorrow:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
So very sorry. My thoughts are with you at this sad time. Many hugs coming your way

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So very sorry, it's always hard but Patch is at the Rainbow Bridge chasing my greyhounds!:gbh:

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Just read this posting, I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to loose a dog, they are members of our family. I hope you can at least get some answers to what happened.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Thank you, all. It is just so....I don't even know how to describe how this feels. 5 Minutes before he collapsed, he was fine, wanting to play. Now he won't be the first one to welcome me home when I get home from work, bumping into my legs asking for back scratches, pushing open the bathroom door to make sure the toilet monsters don't eat me, sleeping next to my bed.
I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that he will not be here.
I am having all of his tests and records sent to our regular vet so she can review them herself. They had no answers. His heart rate was at 220bpm and he was just miserably uncomfortable.
I'm so sorry! :(
Wow 220bmp is high! Normal heart rate is around 160 bmp! Something happened there! From Your posts he might have had a spleen problem! :( it should have requiered surgery to save his life! I would sue the Vet that examined him first any experience vet would know that the symptoms Are: decreased apetite, miLD anemia, slightly elevated liver enzymes, Weakness, Pale colour to the tongue, Panting, rápid heart rate & Weak pulse, Distended fluid filled-abdomen, collapse. If not treated the dog dies.
Your dog had most of these symptoms.
Canine Splenic Hemangiosarcoma: How a Simple Diagnostic Test May Save Lives
I'm just a vet Tech student and From symptoms i made the picture that it might be that.. And just looking At one of the links where i look for info when in doubt.

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
You said that he kind of lost interest in his other food? Then you switched to blue? It could of been that patch was already showing signs of being ill? My cat had been going off on his food and I switched his but he just went down hill and I also blamed the food. In retrospect I now know that it wasn't the food.He was sick before, I just refused to see it.my last recent cat I spent over 500$ in vet bills, food and cat litter trying to figure out why and what as wrong with my cat..long story but in short I knew he had a liver failure, he was 35lbs. & and probably other things wrong. You do everything to try and save them. If someone was trying to poison him with anti freeze I think it would of should something in his lab work. We had a st Bernard that only lived about 2 yrs then started losing weight fast and seizures..we put him down then found out his sibs had the same thing. I heard about that dog food complaint and a lot of dogs died from it. The only way you would know for sure is if your dog had a animal autopsy. I am so sorry you lost your dog..it's hard when you don't know why..and then you have a empty quiet house..I bawled many nights cause my fat butt cat wasn't sprawled out on the floor. He is buried in my yard under my lilac bush in a tote. My lilac bush has never bloomed before until this year. He is my last cat I am going to own. Had them since I was 3 that's 50 years of cats..kind of nice no litter, no poop and pee smell, no cat food, no fleas to deal with..etc. now it bird seed everywhere! Give your self time to cry, give yourself time be happy and remember fun times..it does get easier. I got a frame put my cats pic in it and his date I got him and date of death. It's in my hutch. Wrote how I came about getting him.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
You said that he kind of lost interest in his other food? Then you switched to blue? It could of been that patch was already showing signs of being ill? My cat had been going off on his food and I switched his but he just went down hill and I also blamed the food. In retrospect I now know that it wasn't the food.He was sick before, I just refused to see it.my last recent cat I spent over 500$ in vet bills, food and cat litter trying to figure out why and what as wrong with my cat..long story but in short I knew he had a liver failure, he was 35lbs. & and probably other things wrong. You do everything to try and save them. If someone was trying to poison him with anti freeze I think it would of should something in his lab work. We had a st Bernard that only lived about 2 yrs then started losing weight fast and seizures..we put him down then found out his sibs had the same thing. I heard about that dog food complaint and a lot of dogs died from it. The only way you would know for sure is if your dog had a animal autopsy. I am so sorry you lost your dog..it's hard when you don't know why..and then you have a empty quiet house..I bawled many nights cause my fat butt cat wasn't sprawled out on the floor. He is buried in my yard under my lilac bush in a tote. My lilac bush has never bloomed before until this year. He is my last cat I am going to own. Had them since I was 3 that's 50 years of cats..kind of nice no litter, no poop and pee smell, no cat food, no fleas to deal with..etc. now it bird seed everywhere! Give your self time to cry, give yourself time be happy and remember fun times..it does get easier. I got a frame put my cats pic in it and his date I got him and date of death. It's in my hutch. Wrote how I came about getting him.
Also liver failure have different symptoms like ictericia (dog/Cat skins turns yellow..) this DOES not happens in spleen problems unless liver is affected by whatever is causing the problem in the spleen.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Heather, so very sorry for your loss!

Heather F

Sorry for your loss. :sadhug:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. :darkcloud:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So sorry for your loss, it's horrible when they go downhill so quickly and you are left wondering why. :(

Hopefully you can get some answers as to why he collapsed and then consequently passed away. :(

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Loosing a friend that is always next to you, leaves a hole that aches forever. Loosing one unexpectedly makes it even harder.

I'm sorry you're going through this now, many of us know how hard it is, and the pain seems unbearable at times.

We are all here for you, we've shed our tears too, and had our hearts broken also. We understand.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
:sadhug2:
I'm sorry for your loss, I hope your normal vet is able to give you some answers and closure.

How empty the house feels... I understand and I wish I could send you a real hug.