• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sad Update # 362 Millow vomiting and tired

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Oh my gosh how did I miss this?
I am SO sorry, Jam! :hug8:
Fly high and free sweet angel Millow.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I can't believe this still isn't over for you. :heart: But indeed, you are doing the avian world a great service by tracking this own to the end. My thoughts are still with you, your family, and flock, including poor M-Str, having to endure all the follow up tests. Please take care of yourself.
Jam,
This may be out of line, and I'm 100% NOT saying you need a new bird, but I believe PRC has two scalies needing a home, if you wanted to give them a look over.

Im so sorry youre still looking for answers, youre a great parront :hug8:
You're not out of line at all, don't worry. :) I actually have an adoption pending so there sadly wouldn't be room for them on a permanent basis. However if they need a foster I could probably take them in for a while. :)

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
M-Star's results were rushed through and everything is normal except the liver values were a little abnormal. Not enough to be overly concerned about but enough to take some action which will be to switch their nectar to the recommended one by the vet and also to weekly add weak decaff black tea to their water. She will then be checked in a month's time with exactly the same tests to see whether there is an improvement unless she shows any signs of illness then she is to go in straight away.

They haven't finished "defrosting" Millow but hope to have him worked on this afternoon and be able to return his body to me tomorrow afternoon for burial.
He will be sending off samples to one of the universities here in Sydney, the US and also Europe. Once he receives more answers then he will update me with news.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you, Jam. It must be hard to rehash this, but a lot of us are processing and grieving as well. You are very generous to let us in a little, even though it must hurt. :hug8:

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
I too appreciate the updates and thank Katy for saying things better than I ever can.