• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Run free Big Gray Kitty ( graphic)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I had an effed up afternoon..got home from work and my elderly freind called..she said can you come get big gray, something got him and hes laying under the clothesline .. I ran over ..saw him..he was gone..but ran into the house first
.she was sitting on the bed very upset, I comforted her, then went to get him..his back and neck were broken,, the other two cats were no where to be seen. The back shed where the cats sleep was torn up, it got in there and got big gray. It was a coyote, the prints were in the mud since we had rain last night. We've had a few coyotes in the neighborhood lately since the surrounding orange groves are being destroyed and homes being built. Poor Gray, I just fed them last night. And sadly today was the first time ever I was able to stroke his head, I told him he was brave...a good kitty and his mommy loved him..:(

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Poor big gray. :sad11: What a scary and horrible way to go. I pray he was gone immediately and didn't feel it.

I know we're not supposed to be mad at wild animals that are just doing what they do, but it's so hard. Why our pets? I know that's selfish, that it's sad when they take wild animals, too, but I don't care. :unsure1: It's still not fair. :sadhug2:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
That is just devastating! I know the coyotes are around here, and that scares me. :omg: We have a few neighbors with outside cats. Just a matter of time before they go missing! I cannot emphasize enough to have them keep them inside. I am very sorry for your bad day, and the sadness. I hope you find the other cats and your Friend will be okay! Hugs to you both!:sadhug2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How sad. Sorry to hear of what the poor cat went through. I hope your neighbor will be alright, that must have been very traumatic for her.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I lost my cat Pablo to coyotes when I was little. It's so hard to lose someone you love in such a violent way. :sad11:
Poor Big Gray, and his poor mama! I hope she's able to recover and remember all the wonderful times she had with him, and that her other two kitties come home safe and sound.
Rest in peace, Big Gray. :sorrow:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She just called. Little Black and Fluffy are back home and she fed them, ... Hope the coyotes stay away. I also warned my other neighbor coz he has chickens ..

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, poor Big Grey. It’s hard to think about how scared and awful that must have been for him.:( I’m glad the two other cats are safe, and I hope the coyotes stay away.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:darkcloud: I'm so sorry
:sadhug2:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So sad. I'm sorry he had to suffer that attack. Just a couple of weeks ago in Myrtle Beach a lady was baby sitting her friends toy poodle and was standing in her front yard with the dog only ten feet away from her and a coyote ran up and grabbed the dog. She was in total shock. She looked all over for it and found the dog the next day dead a few houses down from hers. I'm not sure if she had the dog on a leash. We do have a coyote population here all over the Grand Strand and country. I hate taking my littles outside at night. I am on a constant look out with them on a leash and stand close to them. It's been over a year since I saw one when I stepped outside with one of my dogs under my arm to carry to the back yard and it was suddenly there just behind my neighbors car. It was dark so I didn't get a really good look but it was definitely dog like and looked at me for 2 seconds and moved on. Mostly I see possums and raccoons.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
As we all know this is the result of a predatory instinct to attack. Sorry big gray kitty. Cats that either live or are let outside have a short lifespan, either disease or a predator take them. Thanks @Birdbabe for saying goodbye to big gray.

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Why our pets?
Bcuz we humans have left them little or no where to go hunt wildlife as we have filled up almost every available space for ourselves and, in turn, our pets... and then we let our pets run loose.

I'm sorry for the kitty and his mommy. It was nice of you to take care of him for your neighbor.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We've got a coyote or two in the fields adjoining our complex & I've seen bobcats in our courtyard a couple of times. I've asked the apartments to send an email warning residents to make sure to leash their dogs when they walk them, but it was never sent. So many people ignore that rule & it seems like it's mostly the folks with small dogs. :( One woman brought her tiny chihuahua out moments after I watched two adolescent bobcats pass right by her breezeway! Thank goodness the cats must have been far enough away.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am so sorry for the poor kitty, you an his momma:sadhug2: That is a very sad way to loose someone:(

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
So sorry for your friends loss. Rest in peace big grey

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
We have coyotes, bob cats, raccoons, mountain lions etc. I do everything in my power, to dance around them. I agree, it is their land and am always very sorry when a Pet is killed!

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry about kitty.
:sorrow:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sorry @Birdbabe that this happened. While I'm thankful you are there for your friends, the grief you feel seems compounded.

Please remember all those you have helped to live.... You DO make a difference.