1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rudy starts his training

Discussion in 'The Training Court' started by saroj12, 7/16/17.

1. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Tonight he targeted the stationary chopstick a few times but lost interest. I thought he didn't want any more almonds but he did. Just didn't want to play the dumb game of touching a stick to get a treat and a click.

More of the same tomorrow.

Lwalker, schnitzle, DQTimnehs and 4 others like this.
  2. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    :rofl:Come on, I can be playing bowl instead of touching a stick! Not enough action man!
    :lol:

Lwalker, Clueless, saroj12 and 2 others like this.
  3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Rudy doesn't work for peanuts....oooopppss almonds. Guess that the almonds aren't enough convince him to touch a chopstick. He'd rather be bowling. My red-bellies would probably want to grab the chopstick and chew it up or run away with it.

Lwalker and saroj12 like this.
  4. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Super Moderator Auction Director Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer
    Oh Rudy, you are the master manipulator! :hehe:

saroj12 likes this.
  5. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Tonight he got the idea of touch chopstick = treat. My pistachios were too big chunks so he only targeted three times. I'm chopping smaller tonight so we can do more tries. I *think* the lightbulb went on!

Lwalker, rockoko, Clueless and 3 others like this.
  6. saroj12

saroj
    and he played bowl all evening, then chewed the ends of the polly rope attached to JoJo's skates at bedtime.

7. saroj12

saroj
    Rudy's favorite treat is pistachios I
    Discovered today. I had been giving him almonds and he wasn't working for them! I think I'm going to re buy the classic clicker training book. It was sitting on my table at home. Someone found it but it had gotten soaked at some point and the pages were stuck together. I just bought it for kindle on Amazon by Melinda Johnson.

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  8. saroj12

saroj
    @WendyN I can loan it to you for 14 days and you don't need kindle. If you'd like it pm me your email address.

9. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Elaine
    Rudy says, "if you expect me to something as mundane as touch a stick, you had better give me the best treats."

rockoko, Clueless and saroj12 like this.
  10. saroj12

saroj
    I know, right? I had cut up the stachios for BScoot and the almonds container was too far so I gave Rudy them, and he kept touching the chopstick. Yesterday with the almonds he was walking away from the stick!

11. saroj12

saroj
    Oh! I can't read it while you have it. Give me a few days to read it and then I can send it your way if you like.

12. DQTimnehs

DQTimnehs Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs! Super Moderator Auction Director Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jennifer
    Good boy, Rudy! Except for chewing Jojo's skates! :D

13. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Wendy
    Thank you for the offer.
    I will pm you my email later as i have my hands fulll this coming week.
    :smileflower:

saroj12 and Clueless like this.
  14. saroj12

saroj

anytime! I'm done reading it!

15. saroj12

saroj
    Rudy targeted again very nicely for pistachios. Will walk him around the perimeter of the table tomorrow. He shows no interest in balls and rings yet.

Dartman, DQTimnehs and rockoko like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)