• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rubbing beak

Cindyb0286

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
Hi everyone. My kiwi does this thing where he rubs in beak all along the metal off the cage specially when he comes out to play and the bars that are long and straight. Hope this makes sense. He looks like he really enjoys doing this. Was just checking to see if this normal as I am still new to being a parront.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Secret slides her beak sideways on the bars. It reminds me of the guys in the old cowboy movies. They used their metal coffee mugs on the jail bars and went from side to side to get attention.

Cindyb0286

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
That's ok then. He looks so cute when he is doing it just wanted to double check it is normal.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
That's ok then. He looks so cute when he is doing it just wanted to double check it is normal.
I have no idea what is "normal".....I just know that one of my amazons does this.

Notice my name on the forums????

Cindyb0286

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cindy
Lol i like that. I'm clueless too. I'm learning different stuff every day. Only had him 3 weeks and he is slowly getting there. I have been putting my hand in his cage for 10 mins a couple times a day holding a bit off pepper which I know he likes and he is slowly trying to come over and have a bit but then backs away but it is progress. To begin with he would hide and stay away as far as possible.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
That's how we learn...

This forum is wonderful for info.