• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Roxie and walks

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Roxie loves her walks. There's a park we go to for walks, they have several paths but the one around the lake is 1/2 a mile. I've started bringing the long leash (20 or 30 ft, can't remember) in addition to her regular leash (6 feet I think). They have this big amphitheater, and the seating is tiered grass, goes about 4 levels I think. I put Roxie on the long leash when we're in that area, so she can run and explore. She loves it! Then back to the regular leash for regular walking.

She likes to hop up onto the benches and sit with us, and she jumps up onto these huge chunks of rock they have. She also loves finding sticks, and there are these holes in the wall at the back of the amphitheater, meant for drainage, that Roxie sticks her nose in- she's too funny, I'll have to take a video tomorrow when we go.

It's good for Roxie and good for me, the park is lovely and there's lots for Roxie to see and smell. And in spring and summer the place is filled with flowers, and all sorts of insects! Gorgeous iridescent bugs, chubby bumblebees and happy ducks quacking away.

I'll have to take pictures tomorrow for y'all!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My boy loves smelling flowers :) I can´t wait to see your pictures ❤

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
My boy loves smelling flowers :) I can´t wait to see your pictures ❤
Roxie is a July baby so she's never experienced Spring, so I'm sure she'll have a great time. Although she seems more interested in eating flowers, we'll have to fence off the hydrangea in our yard because they're toxic to dogs.

There's so much Roxie has yet to experience, and slowly we're getting it done, Roxie goes basically everywhere with us and we've only gone a few places without her since we got her. She's very well socialized, at least.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
:wideyed: When did Roxie get so big?! Gracious, those puppy days don't last long, do they? She's getting to be a good sized girl!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I can't wait for it to warm up so we can go for walks again. Sergei loves being outside at the lake!

20180911_184213.jpg

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahww Roxie!:heart: She is so beautiful and BIG so soon! Pretty girl. My boyfriend has a rottie too, she is Tiny compared to Roxie I think:embarassed: And that is indeed a heron, gorgeous birds:xflove: