• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosie is squeaking!

Yve Benwell

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Yvonne Usher-Benwell
Life with Rosie has been ticking along nicely, but today she is squeaking constantly at her reflection (imagine a wheelbarrow with a squeaky wheel). She is eating and drinking ok but other than the squeaking not making any other noises, almost sounds as if she is arguing with herself. Should I remove her mirror or have you any advice please?

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Bump

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
I have heard that canaries like mirrors. Has Rosie always liked her mirror? My hens only just about tolerate one another during breeding season. Rosie may be feeling broody and thus territorial? A tricky one...really wish they could talk to us at times...

Yve Benwell

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Yvonne Usher-Benwell
I have heard that canaries like mirrors. Has Rosie always liked her mirror? My hens only just about tolerate one another during breeding season. Rosie may be feeling broody and thus territorial? A tricky one...really wish they could talk to us at times...
Rosie has had her mirror since she came to me and has always been happy with it, might be worth trying to take it away for a while in case she is broody. Like you I wish I spoke canary so she could tell me what is wrong.