• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Rocket Has Gout. Suggestions Wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasha

Rollerblading along the road
The news came at the perfect time. I have planned for months to bring home a baby GCC and was feeling bad about it since Rocket was sick. So I am feeling MUCH better and I get to pick him up in the morning! Rocket had his first dose of meds and ate like a pig, I've never seen his crop fuller! :dancing:

Suchabetty

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jamie
:dance4:Congratz on the new Faby and im sooo happy Rocket is on his way to a full recovery! I guess thats why they always say expect the worst and hope for the best cuz when Hope wins its truly a triumph of Monumental proportions:heart:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Congratulations! That is the best news!

Teasha

Rocket is doing well today. He is starting to 'climb' in his cage a bit more. There is more urates in his poos.

I will keep you posted. :)

Dani

Avenue Veteran
Teasha, how is little Rocket doing? I'd love to see a picture of him, they grow so fast! Sorry if you updated already and I missed it. :)

Teasha

Actually was waiting to update till after tomorrow morning. But since you asked. He was misdiagnosed. :( They didn't even do the gout test right. His tophi came back. I have an appt tomorrow morning for a different vet who I am hoping is much better than this one. I am writing a letter to this vet because they really really messed up. I am requesting a refund although I doubt I will get it. I am burning mad! Poor Rocket. :(

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Actually was waiting to update till after tomorrow morning. But since you asked. He was misdiagnosed. :( They didn't even do the gout test right. His tophi came back. I have an appt tomorrow morning for a different vet who I am hoping is much better than this one. I am writing a letter to this vet because they really really messed up. I am requesting a refund although I doubt I will get it. I am burning mad! Poor Rocket. :(
Oh no, how sad, good luck tomorrow little Rocket!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so sorry :( I hope the visit with the new vet goes well tomorrow :bluhug:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie

Good luck with the new vet. I hope this vet will be able to properly diagnose this little man and get him on the road to recovery. Sending lots of hugs your way and birdie kisses to Rocket.

Dani

Avenue Veteran
WOW, I'm so sorry! This is just terrible, hope you get a refund. Poor Rocket, he is such a fighter though, hopefully this new vet can get him on the road to recovery. You are doing wonderful with him, you're a great birdy momma!! :hug8::hug8:

Teasha

The new vet is very knowledgeable. A test for the kidneys, liver and uric acid was sent to labs as well as some of the deposits. The results will be in for one test tomorrow and the other the day after. She thinks it is gout too. She gave me dosing for a pain killer and meds will come after the results are in. I am hoping the other vet didn't make us wait so long that Rocket will not have most of the use of his feet. Will keep you updated. :)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad to hear this visit went well and hope you get some answers and a good direction once the results are back :)

Dani

Avenue Veteran
Hoping for the best! Hang in there :hug8:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I am so sorry to hear this teasha. :( Did you get the results yet? How was your new vet, did you like him?

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am sorry about your little Rocket. It is always so frustrating when you don't have answers. Good luck with the results and let us know as soon as you know something :hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Hope there is quick treatment for Rocket's condition. Here is a good article on avian gout if you have not read it already.

Avian Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.