1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Riti the Kakariki takes a big step, I'm so proud of her.

Discussion in 'Other Parrot Lane' started by Mark & Da Boyz, 7/3/18.

1. Mark & Da Boyz

Mark & Da Boyz Sprinting down the street

Mark Nash
    Way a go Riti!!!! I was talking to a friend about Riti being so afraid of hands and she suggested I try to get Riti to take her favorite treat from my hand. Well she sees everything as a treat so I was a bit at a loss. Well I was changing the seed bowls and noticed the few Sunflower seeds she gets were all opened and eaten. So I thought "Why not" and offered her a Sunflower seed. She just looked at it but didn't go for it. Then I thought "Maybe"... so I opened up one and offered she the kernel and she about took my finger off getting the reward! We did a few more with her getting her treat and a great deal of praise as well.
    A BIG step very big, maybe the biggest we've made to date, as she HATES hands and runs away anytime she see them. Maybe I can begin to show her that good things come from hands.

[​IMG]

d_msparkles, greys4u, Shezbug and 3 others like this.
  2. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road

:starshower: Good job, brave Riti!!

3. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Wendy
    Sooo cute!
    :fairy:

4. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

Yay for Riti, good job.....both of you! :)

5. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Keep the sunflower seeds out of food dish, use just for treats from the hand.

Mark & Da Boyz likes this.
  6. Mark & Da Boyz

Mark & Da Boyz Sprinting down the street

Mark Nash
    I am...just spent about 1/2 hour picking Sunflower seed out of the mix...I'll be going to the bar now! :wacky:

Last edited: 7/6/18
    Shezbug and Clueless like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)