• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Riti says Top Of The Mornin to Ya!

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Had that toy for years it was a gift to Piper when he first came home. She loves to sit on it so I put it on her cage as it was in the closet as Piper had stop playing with it year ago. Cheddar has taken a shine to it as well

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
They love to be higher, don't they!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Had that toy for years it was a gift to Piper when he first came home. She loves to sit on it so I put it on her cage as it was in the closet as Piper had stop playing with it year ago. Cheddar has taken a shine to it as well

Anything that another bird likes becomes an immediate "must have or use".

Last edited:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Hi Riti!!!
Our neighborhood pet store has the sweetest kakariki. I went in the other day and s/he is still there.:sad11: It's been months now. Poor thing. I think they are very misunderstood.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Hi Riti!!!
Our neighborhood pet store has the sweetest kakariki. I went in the other day and s/he is still there.:sad11: It's been months now. Poor thing. I think they are very misunderstood.
May I ask the name of the store? The local places PetSmart/Petco/Pet Supplies Plus usually only have gccs or budgies. Other than the brand new ParrotStars store in Arlington Heights, which is a bird only store there really isn't a variety - http://www.parrotstars.com/. When I visited their store with @Cassiopejaz they had a black palm cockatoo and a beautiful hyacinth as well as lots of other birds. Plus 2 young golden conures & a baby B&G in the back.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Yes, it's Not Just Thee Fish Bowl in Evanston. That is where I was first looking at GCC's. They usually have those & cockatiels, but somehow they got a kakariki from a breeder.

I love ParrotStars. That's where I got Waffle. The owners at Not Just Thee Fish Bowl are very nice and I met some very nice GCC's there. But I felt better overall with what ParrotStars had to offer.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Did you get Waffle at the AH store? They impressed me with the fact that you have to walk across a sanitizing mat and use the hand sanitizer in a type of closed off entrance hall before you can enter the store itself. I have to go back and check out their chop and food cause they were working on having ready made chop to-go.

But I'll have to take a trip to Evanston to check it out.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Yes, ParrotStars in Arlington Heights! I need to make a trip back to pick up chop too. We got 2 lbs of frozen when Waffle came home, but we're running low. It's so funny, but I love the way it makes Waffle smell. :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Chop to go?????????

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I went to their Grand Opening and attended the lecture by Jason Crean. (and also bought his book...and got his autograph, lol)
Plus a portion of their proceeds go to parrot conservation. So even Waffle's adoption fee helped other parrots! We got to visit any time after I put my deposit down and I spent every weekend there in the "enrichment room" with other adopters before bringing baby home. The whole experience was so lovely.
@Mark & Da Boyz, sorry to derail your thread! :tongue2: