• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RIP Beans

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I'm so sorry! :(
But don't do any big decisions about Beeper, sometimes things like this happens, it doesn't mean that Beeper is mean, sometimes it's just in their nature.
The best thing you can do for your flock at the moment is to get another budgie ASAP.
:hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:
I agree with J.T...Beeper did not maliciously kill Beans. They react from instinct. It just is what it is. Beepers is not capable of discerning. Animals live in the moment... In Beepers world all Bean was is an intruder in his space, simple as that.
Beeper has already gone after Weeble 3 times before the incident where she bit her toe off. Unfortunately we don't have the space to keep her in a separate room away from the remaining flock. She has a history of being aggressive to birds the whole time she's been here. Trying to manage it has really affected the quality of life for her and Weeble because they don't get enough out time. It's a decision I should have made some time ago. She spends most of her time watching/stalking Weeble and posturing at her. I'm not willing to take any more chances at this point. I don't think the animosity between the two of them will ever ease up and I don't want Bongo to have to be around her after watching her kill his mate. I don't blame her for going after Beans when she got on her cage or even in it if she did that on her own. I know that was her instinctive behavior. I also firmly believe she would try to kill any of them if she were the one to get out. Maybe she would be fine with a different species or sex, I really don't know. It's mostly about the quality of life concerning all of them. Beeper is a great bird on her own and deserves her own person/people. That's really all she wants. She really likes humans quite a bit. We gave it a good try over the last three and a half years after we couldn't locate her family and decided she could stay but she still hates Weeble and I don't think that will ever change. It's been over two years since the last fight with her and Weeble and it's just sucked since then. To let her out all the others have to be covered and her and Weeble just scream nonstop and the out time isn't enjoyable for anyone. I cover her when Weeble comes out and it's the same thing.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss and that you are going through all the this. It must be so devastating. I hope you can find Beeper a good home. Such a difficult position to be in. Please don't blame yourself or get caught up in would have, could have, should haves. You're juggling so much and doing the best you can.
:sadhug2:

Fry free little Bean, I'll miss seeing cute pictures of you and how your mom spoiled and love you :sorrow:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I know you will find a great home for Beeper. It is the right thing to do...after all, she deserves her own person/persons, like you said. Sending out continued good thoughts to you and Bongo...:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry Courtney if you felt offended by my post. That was not my intention. And I didn't know that you have had problem with Beeper before.
I hope that you can forgive me. :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I understand, Beepers needs to be in an only bird home. It's not fair to any of them, you tried.
sorry did not know the whole situation, very difficult for you. :(

Last edited:

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I think we can all relate, we all have been through accidents, just know we understand. I can tell you not to blame yourself but it probably won't help. It was an accident though-they can happen at any time, when we least expect it.
You gave the little bird a great life, I'm sure. When the time is right you might want to introduce a new little friend to your other bird.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:sorrow::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I am so sorry for your loss.:sorrow: I'm sending you hugs and good thoughts!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Courtney I am so sorry for you loss :sadhug: :sorrow:

BirdLover_

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carter
:sorrow: she'll be waiting.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Oh Courtney, I'm so sorry to hear this :( As someone who also lives with a Meyer's who can't be trusted with other birds, my heart breaks for you. Big HUGS.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug6: