• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ring Toss Training

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
No video yet. I'm so excited, JoJo got the idea today :D ! It arrived yesterday and he would not touch the plastic rings! Tonight his retrieve training paid off and he not only fetched it but placed it on the peg too! I used the training technique from one of the BirdTricks dvds, a good return on the investment :)
Too bad they don't offer this in colors

ringtoss.JPG

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Matt

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
We made ours. :D

Once you have retrieving in place you can do many other tricks with ease. The rings take some skill as proper placement can be hard for some birds. Every bird is different but you will figure it out in no time with your smarties. :D I have seen colored rings somewhere. This site may have had them. Educational and Trick Training Bird Toys

Your doing so great with them Saroj! I hope you are as proud of yourself as you are of them. :xflove:

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
go JoJo!
We've been able to do the ring toss with large rings, but when we moved to using this Bubbles can't place the tiny rings onto the pegs. He's got the idea down but not the fine placement coordination

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wow Sarah! That's amazing! Thanks for posting the video :)
Yes I do feel a great sense of accomplishment, isn't that so silly? :roflmao:D

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Wow Sarah! That's amazing! Thanks for posting the video :)
Yes I do feel a great sense of accomplishment, isn't that so silly? :roflmao:D

As you should..... not silly at all. :laugh:

I have not seen the material that you are using to learn, in fact I have never watched any training videos. I think you wrote once that they charge $75 for a consult... :hilarious: I think I'm in the wrong business. ;)
When Jojo wants to rollar skate, let me know.... I'll give you that one for free. :roflmao:

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
How do you like their tricks DVD? Is it a good variety of tricks and methods for the money? I've been debating it. I love trick training. :heart: But I learn best visually.

Wayne361

Real Name
Wayne
Saroj you should feel a good sense of accomplishment. Just remember every trick you teach your bird is now a new activity you can both do together. This "togetherness" combined with rewarding bird, stimulating the birds mind, enjoyment for bird, etc etc all leads to the fabulous bond that eludes many bird owners...most notably the ones with "problem birds"
I have been focusing almost solely on harness training with Oscar....the other night I thought I would see how he would do with tricks I havent practised for probably over a month. He nailed every one....I was impressed. Smart little beggars :)

Great to see your progress.

Wayne

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
How do you like their tricks DVD? Is it a good variety of tricks and methods for the money? I've been debating it. I love trick training. :heart: But I learn best visually.
It's pretty good, Valerie. The ParrotWizard has quite a few free ones too :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks Wayne! Yes indeed, training your parrot has lots of benefits! :D
I'm glad Oscar remembers all his tricks! Soon he will be harness trained too :)

Wayne361

Real Name
Wayne
Thanks Wayne! Yes indeed, training your parrot has lots of benefits! :D
I'm glad Oscar remembers all his tricks! Soon he will be harness trained too :)
Thanks Lady! :) He is getting better.....talk about feeling a sense of accomplishment when I finally get it down LOL Slowly.....slowly....did I say slowly? hahahaha. Starting to grab a wing while he has head in harness....so making strides. As mentioned before he freaked himself out a long time ago with harness.....so my work is 10 fold on this one. I understand him very well at this stage.....so just ratchetting up the process as I see his comfort zone being slightly tested and working in that zone till he calms/relaxes....then next step in process till he calms/relaxes etc etc ...again not pushing too much...but having him overcome his fears/anxieties at a pace that we can work together. Hard to explain...but Im tired...thats my excuse :)

Keep up the great work Saroj.

Wayne