• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Revisiting another dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As most of you know, Java is special needs, only having one leg, which has nerve damage. Well, over and over, I've been contemplating putting him in a large wire dog kennel and using that as his primary cage since the current cage he has, he only uses a tiny corner of it, and it's only at bedtime. I've made many accommodations but he doesn't seem interested in moving away from his sleep perch when he's in the cage. He LOVES his cage, and I would hate to take it away from him, but I believe a wire kennel would be more suitable to his needs, and quite a bit safer. I really don't know what to do. Again, he loves his cage, but since I've had him (5 months) he stays in the same spot, which is a teeny corner. There are toys and platforms throughout the entire cage for him to use, but he chooses one area. I don't know if switching him to another cage would help him or stress him. HELP!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would certainly try it :) Our instincts usually steer us the right direction in situations like this!

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is his current setup
20180709_161423.jpg 20180709_161428.jpg
Do you think it would be easier to rearrange the cage and set it up like I would if it were a dog kennel?

Status
Not open for further replies.