• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescuing a puppy today. Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Actually Vicki, I like the name trouper lol, because that he is to have taken all that in stride! Good going John! The happy ending brought tears to my eyes!

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:omg: THANK HEAVENS! I've been on tenderhooks, checking every few minutes until I had to leave. I am sooooooo HAPPY about the outcome, what a little survivor he is already :heart::heart::heart:

Maybe Rox will like having a new little friend and convince his owner to adopt the puppy? :hug8:

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Actually Vicki, I like the name trouper lol, because that he is to have taken all that in stride! Good going John! The happy ending brought tears to my eyes!
You know when I read trooper,the first thing I thought was "that would be a great name" though Macgyver is Awesome also.:D Good Job John:dance5:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
:omg: THANK HEAVENS! I've been on tenderhooks, checking every few minutes until I had to leave. I am sooooooo HAPPY about the outcome, what a little survivor he is already :heart::heart::heart:

Maybe Rox will like having a new little friend and convince his owner to adopt the puppy? :hug8:
This was my secret little thought as well;)

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I had to come check here again I dont think I could have slept without knowing the outcome. I am so glad he is alright it could have been so much worse. And that would be nice if Rox could have another friend. John :yourock:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

That is also my sneaky plan!!! :cool::D

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
It really couldn't have ended better!! 20lbs of food in 4 days!! :lol:I hope you are able to find a great home for him soon.

As for names, how about Faustus? It means "lucky" in Latin. Or how about Charlie? It means "free man" in English lol
Altho i also came upon Chauncey and fell in love with that name too... :lol:

You are our hero!!

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
glad you finally got him. hopefully your friend will keep him if he gets along that good with his dog. i like all of the names given here. but my first thought was lucky also

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
I'm so glad to read you got him out and he is no worse for the past few days! :D Looking forward to seeing pics tomorrow.

di_dee1

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Di
I am so glad I was able to read this thread in one go. I am so very glad you have him, even if it is for just now. Forgive me if you already know this but he needs a good quality puppy food, similar to us not just buying supermarket cheap seeds for our birds.I am not sure what age they should go on to adult formulas, or adult raw diets etc, whatever way you choose to feed.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I'm glad things worked out. That's the best rescue scenario to have!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Wow, I have tears in my eyes. I can't tell you how relieved and happy I am. Thank you, thank you, thank you John.

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is wonderful news that he's ok! John, you are an angel.:)

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
What a happy ending for this precious puppy! I hope you friend can keep him.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
John you are a good person..i am so glad he is ok.:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wiping tears off my face so I can see to type! Thank you John for getting this precious baby out. Thank God that bag of food was there. I cant wait to see his pic! Big hugs to you John, you are awesome! What did the people have to say after you showed them the puppy?

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Way to go MacGyver/Trooper/Lucky/Chance/Scrappy! Way to go John!!!! I loooooove happy endings. And don't tell the prospective parents that this little guy eats 5 pounds of dog food a day...as a puppy :omg: Impressive, truly impressive!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:dance5::dance5::dance5:
I like the way you think John!
Having a young dog for an old dog to have fun with! Works for me!:D:D:D
Thank you so much and also, your friend who is in trouble....at least he bought a BIG bag of food and left the toilet seat up!!! So there is good there somewhere! He was worried about the little guy or he wouldn't have told you about him....:hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:dance4: Glad you were able to finally get him and he's perfectly fine.
Having raised a little of pit puppies I know how full of love they can be and just how adorable they are. But oh my what a mess they can make.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.