• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent rescued budgie

anou56

Moving in
hello
my budgie named lemon is nearly 6 months old, he fell from the tree and wounded itself. he had a hole in its chest i took him to the vet and they did a small surgery on him with threads and they removed it after the wound closed safely. after 2 weeks from the accident lemon breath with wheezing. i did take him to the bathroom and heated some water to make steam and for 20 minutes straight. after that he felt better but i dont know was it fungie or a disease or a problem from the wound ? the vet is really far and it is hard to go there please any remedies will be helpful.

i want to mention that lemon is not very active even when i brought him a friend he still looks bored and inactive, i take him outside to the trees he likes it but then he starts breathing hardly our climate is very hot in the middle east so i let him outside to run for 5-10 minutes 2 times in the day or more. he cant fly and he dont care even he enjoys being held more than flying . he seems really bored he has a medium cage with many toys to play with be he dont like them unlike saitama the cockatiel. in fact we found him running in the street we had to take care of him, sadly many people of our country believe that birds are like a vase or a decoration it is hard to find a vet nearby.not to mention he dont like showering but he likes the sound of water. idk anymore

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How hot is it in your house? Birds can over heat. How is his breathing now? Are his droppings normal? (He's very cute.)

@Ripshod ? @Mizzely ?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Agreed that they can overheat and that droppings can provide some insight. As much as it sucks though, if he is pretty low energy and having breathing issues, that a vet visit will be needed to pinpoint what the issue is

anou56

Moving in
Agreed that they can overheat and that droppings can provide some insight. As much as it sucks though, if he is pretty low energy and having breathing issues, that a vet visit will be needed to pinpoint what the issue is
i did take him to the vet (it took me hard time tho) they mentioned that it is due to heat changes and they gave me some vitamins droppings cuase my boy dont eat veggies so at least i hope the vitamins will help him to recover faster. i use 2 drops and mix them with water and it is not the first time i did it before 3 months and he felt very well i thought it just for one time but the vet said i can do it after one month for five days to keep him healthier.
i tried to feed him fruits and veggies and leaves but he dont like any he likes seeds and seeds only. his friend the tiel likes fruits and leaves and veggies he even eats the vitamins with its seed mix idk why lemon is like that.

anou56

Moving in
How hot is it in your house? Birds can over heat. How is his breathing now? Are his droppings normal? (He's very cute.)

@Ripshod ? @Mizzely ?
the heat is around 30s but i do use the AC but as i read it is not good for birds, i had to cover the sides of the cage so the AC wont face them with a heavy blanket.
he breaths normaly now but still he has that sound for sometimes in a day.
about the droppings they are very normal but he poops at the same place cuase he dont move at all idk since i found him and he either sleep all the time or just watch my face or the window he dont like to run or play i have him for 4 months now and he has a playful friend but yet he dont act like normal budgies i am worried about that.
and yes in addition he was running in the street, i bet there was an aviary and the owner just decided to release some birds thinking all of them will fly sadly many people of our country think of birds as a vase or a decoration. and we decided to take care of it he did not know how to groom itself or how to fly and he was very young back then he just matured a month ago so maybe that is why he is not used to grow as a normal budgie or parrot or maybe it is its personality.
the weather is cooler than before now btw, and yes our weather is very dry i live in the desert so yea it is obviously hot and dry here
thank yes he is so cute ^^ so do your goffin cockatoo
thanks for the replies and care i dont regret joining the community

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's okay. It takes a bit to figure things out. :)

It takes some birds longer to adjust than others. Some birds don't know how to play with toys. It sounds silly bu if he sees you playing with him he might get more interested in them.

Reactions: tka

anou56

Moving in
It's okay. It takes a bit to figure things out. :)

It takes some birds longer to adjust than others. Some birds don't know how to play with toys. It sounds silly bu if he sees you playing with him he might get more interested in them.
yes thank you for the tip
i will try harder to make them happy