• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescued BG Macaw Lenny ***All Shiny and New*** UPDATE ADOPTED

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She can close her beak just fine but look at her pictures. At rest her beak was open due to the beak not allowing closure. It's just a comfort thing. She is used to and comfortable with it slightly open, it's where her jaw is used to resting.

She actually does not look like a scissor case at all, just overgrown beak causing the scissor. I bet in few days you will never know the difference.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's awesome they let your friend back to watch and take pics.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She can close her beak just fine but look at her pictures. At rest her beak was open due to the beak not allowing closure. It's just a comfort thing. She is used to and comfortable with it slightly open, it's where her jaw is used to resting.

She actually does not look like a scissor case at all, just overgrown beak causing the scissor. I bet in few days you will never know the difference.

That's what I thought, as well. I was going to wait for a straight on shot.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thats some nice tooling Lenny. You should bite somebody just for fun. I mean as a test. :D

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:wow: what a difference, he's a cutie !

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
You can see the light in her eyes and how happy she is. She is so lucky to have be in safe and loving in hands now. @Macawnutz you are such a life saver for this girl you know she is always going to be thankful to you and your friend for helping her.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I couldn't remember the other persons screen name still getting over being sick and trying to catch my breath just from walking. I'll be better about it next time :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You can see the light in her eyes and how happy she is. She is so lucky to have be in safe and loving in hands now. @Macawnutz you are such a life saver for this girl you know she is always going to be thankful to you and your friend for helping her.

I never left my couch. :shy: This was @2macshan & my friend. I'm just the storyteller. :D

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
well @2macshan thank you for saving and helping her. I can tell from the light in her eyes she is thankful and grateful for what you did for her. And you did do you part @Macawnutz by sharing her story with us and people on FB with @Danita it brought a lot of awareness to what happens to parrots that are not in good homes and being taken care of like they should be. I had a few of my friends ask me questions about it and when I told them she was just not in a good environment (because I don't know the whole story about her) the horror on their face said a lot but I let them know she is in a good place and being loved and cared for like she should be.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I had a few of my friends ask me questions about it and when I told them she was just not in a good environment (because I don't know the whole story about her) the horror on their face said a lot

I'm not going to lie, it SUCKS to do. All you want to do is pound the person you are standing in front of... You don't ask a lot of questions, you play stupid, you want them to relinquish the bird. I can't bring my husband or he would knock their block off!

I remember an amazon I rehomed, I stood there listening to the diet, I even asked the man if he had some extra butter popcorn that I could take home with me for the bird. :cautious:

You scream and vent after you have the bird in hand and are pulling out of the driveway! If they don't relinquish, then you call authorities. They know they are wrong, they just don't care.

@2macshan will have that anger and image forvever. It never gets easier to think about.

Korbel was covered in formula and stuffed in a dark dirty tupperware... The man pulled him out and over fed him formula from a dirty cup. I have no idea what the temperature was and neither did he. I won't ever forget the smell in the apartment, crap everywhere and dirty dishes piled high... I didn't ask anything, nothing at all. I stuck him in my jacket and left.

Sometimes we don't need to know, it will save us a few tears at the very least.