• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescue bare-eyed cockatoor behavior and questions

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow...beautiful bird!
Congrats

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Awwww...I just watched the videos! He looks like a really happy and fairly well adjusted little boy! Do you have any idea how long he lived in the barn?

Cris Waller

Moving in
Wow, I wasn't getting notifications that there were more responses on this thread! Thanks, all.

We don't know how long he lived in the barn.

We've added a Sittin' Pretty combination perch/gym and he really likes that. It's basically a big perch on wheels with an overhead attachment for a boing or whatever. And it's pretty impossible to climb down it, although he's tried a couple of times.

Relations with my husband are improving!

My latest project with him is that I got a video camera to record what he's doing when we'e gone (and then hopefully find some solutions for the anxiety he displays.) I'm working on ethograms but analyzing that video will take a while :) That will be another post!

Tim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hi, @Cris Waller ! You're not receiving notifications because you have to make a minimum number of posts (@Macawnutz , is it 10?) before notifications are turned on. You can comment on a few other posts, or go to the games section and play a couple of word games and you'll get the posts up to the minimum. Again, thanks for everything you're doing for this amazing bird. I'm happy to see that relations are improving!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Hi, @Cris Waller ! You're not receiving notifications because you have to make a minimum number of posts (@Macawnutz , is it 10?) before notifications are turned on. You can comment on a few other posts, or go to the games section and play a couple of word games and you'll get the posts up to the minimum. Again, thanks for everything you're doing for this amazing bird. I'm happy to see that relations are improving!

Notifications should be on, pm feature won't be allowed until 20 posts.