• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Remove leg or let it fall off naturally? -Geralt

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
He seems fine I let him out of his cage to be with his friends. No one bit him he had it 20 minutes ago and there's a FOOT somewhere in my room

Sylvester

Hit the Road
His foot fell off I'm freaking out there's no blood but this is terrifying I called the vet to see what we do with the rest

Can we curse here????, this calls for cursing this is so terrifying
Why are you freaking out? I would think you would have come to expect this.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
His foot fell off I'm freaking out there's no blood but this is terrifying I called the vet to see what we do with the rest

Can we curse here????, this calls for cursing this is so terrifying
Use the cartoon cursing or go to the Angry smilies - they have "safe" cursing.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Why are you freaking out? I would think you would have come to expect this.
Expecting it to happen is one thing but actually knowing that it happened can be freaky. Breath deeply Garet, take a step back, sit down and try to relax. Think about where he's been wandering to ... Experience from dropping a see through pill on my kitchen floor is that you won't find it when you're looking for it but you'll find it when you aren't.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He seems fine I let him out of his cage to be with his friends. No one bit him he had it 20 minutes ago and there's a FOOT somewhere in my room
I can see how it suddenly actually being gone would be freaky but not knowing where it is?? :shocked3: OMG I do not envy you but I'm still kinda laughing but trying not to.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
It sounds like Geralt is taking it in stride. You, my dear, listen to @SandraK
Breathe deeply. Relax. This is a good thing for Geralt.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
It sounds like Geralt is taking it in stride.
You can say that again. Little nugget was just hobbling along without a care in the world. Like he was 100% used to this already.

I can see how it suddenly actually being gone would be freaky but not knowing where it is?? :shocked3: OMG I do not envy you but I'm still kinda laughing but trying not to.
I don't blame you for laughing, really. Losing a foot in your bedroom is just absurd.

Well hopefully Garet, you will find his foot. Just know that he is better off without it.
Yeah, you're right. It'll take a little getting used to on my end, but he's nonplussed about it all, and that's the important part.

I'm starting to wonder if he my have lost it when he slid off a dresser in my room and caught himself before he fell into a basket of clean laundry I was gonna put away...

:depressed:

Expecting it to happen is one thing but actually knowing that it happened can be freaky. Breath deeply Garet, take a step back, sit down and try to relax. Think about where he's been wandering to ... Experience from dropping a see through pill on my kitchen floor is that you won't find it when you're looking for it but you'll find it when you aren't.
Thank you. If it is where I'm starting to think it is, I've got laundry to do...

Unless Tucker already got it. I let him in the room after putting them to bed. I really hope he was just crunching rawhide.

:dead:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Missing foot....:eek: However, you did expect that it would fall off sooner or later but the assumption would be that you would see it somewhere.
Great that Geralt is getting around just fine and doesn't seem to care that it is gone. You should give the vet a call to let her/him know that the foot has finally fallen off.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
.... yup.

I'd hate to say it but I think he ate it. I must be the only person in the world who's grateful that their dog ate their bird's foot.

NO doggie kisses for a while tho. That's nasty
:wideyed: :jawdrop1: Isn't pet parenting a wonderful thing?:bash: :bash::wtf:

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Well Garet, it's better than my cat eating my hamster and leaving only it's nose which I found in my bedroom.

Oh my god... Your cat has my dog beat paws down.
Missing foot....:eek: However, you did expect that it would fall off sooner or later but the assumption would be that you would see it somewhere.
Great that Geralt is getting around just fine and doesn't seem to care that it is gone. You should give the vet a call to let her/him know that the foot has finally fallen off.
My dog solved the case of the missing foot, at least?
And Yeah, I called her and spoke about our options. She said to leave it be. It's a dry wound and has a lower chance of causing infection this way, according to her.
:wideyed: :jawdrop1: Isn't pet parenting a wonderful thing?:bash: :bash::wtf:
It issssss. After this, I get to take the foot eater and satan out. Satan likes to lick other dogs' pee and get under the foot eater when he's trying to take a leak...:confused: I should have just stuck with tamagotchis

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Well...where ever it is,,hes not plagued by it anymore..let the vet know, get him checked, and seriously sending good thoughts and prayers here!
It's in my dog's stomach. :facepalm:

OMG :rofl: The replies are just too funny. :blink: In light of the situation, holy cow :coffeescreen: Well, what was anticipated to happen has happened. :hug8: So now your birdie will heal and life will go on for all.
Well, you know what they say about laughter...