1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Remember the thread what made you love birds

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by Mockinbirdiva, 9/13/18.

1. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    Today I was packing up some of my original art and old family photo albums just in case we had roof damage and leaks from the hurricane. (Still waiting on it to arrive in the a.m.) I took a peek in some old albums to see what was in them and found this.... the reason I have such a deep love and interest in birds. I'm guessing I might have been a year old or less... but I remember my mother telling me I was such a pill as a kid. She had to carry me around while she did her housework because I cried. And this was her solution... set the cage with the parakeet down on the floor. I laid there for hours watching the birds. AH... HAH! Now I have proof!
    What a fun find today!

Bird watcher.JPG

I also grew up with an intense love for horses. When I was a teenager I bought my first horse and rode in rodeos in Madrid, Spain. ( Dad was Air Force and the base had a stable) I found those pics too but didn't take any photos... to busy packing stuff for safety.

Or maybe I wanted to grow up to be Lady Godiva!!!!! LOL
    Horserider.jpg

2. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos I Can't Stop Posting!

How lovely to find those childhood pics. You sure were a cute kid! :)

Mockinbirdiva likes this.
  3. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    It was such a surprise to open that album and see that photo. I hadn't looked in there for 20 years or more. So nice that my mom was a picture bug. She saved everything too. I'll have to revisit that album again when I have time after the storm.

4. Dartman

Dartman Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Terry
    I've always liked birds but as kids we had just about any creature imaginable and we had budgies when we were really young we all liked. I always wanted a bigger bird eventually and it slowly happened as I got older and now I've had a bunch of Maxi Pionus birds in my life and I stick with them so far unless some birdy needs help. That's how we ended up raising a baby house finch that bonded to us years ago, even though Nerd wasn't so happy about it.

5. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Martine
    What great old photos!

6. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    Thanks! The storm should be finished late tomorrow. I'll have to go back upstairs and revisit the albums and find my rodeo days. Ah... fun memories!

rockoko likes this.
  7. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Loved horses! Think all little girls do!!!

Birds not really to a special crow came into my life!

Tiel Feathers and Mockinbirdiva like this.
  8. Mockinbirdiva

Andrea
    A crow? Do tell!!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)