• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Rehousing a couple critters

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
I'm sort of scared of tarantulas but I've held one before, she was nice. So I'm not so much like :dead: when I see them, more like " :wideyed: they're nice right?" Lol.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I'm sort of scared of tarantulas but I've held one before, she was nice. So I'm not so much like :dead: when I see them, more like " :wideyed: they're nice right?" Lol.
Eh, there's quite a few misconceptions about tarantulas. Like when people (even the one that are supposed to 'educated') advise other people they're not venomous at all or have had their 'venom glands' removed. It's about as true as the 'fact' that all parrots can and WILL talk. Because, all birds talk, right? o_O Joking of course.

I've handled some over the years based on the situation, but I've never had them just to 'hold' them or 'freak people out'. They're mostly like fish tanks for me: I guess is a good description. Besides, some species I've had, you would seriously regret it if you tried to hold it most likely. There's a balance between experience and just plain stupid, IMHO. That balance is different for everyone though.

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
Eh, there's quite a few misconceptions about tarantulas. Like when people (even the one that are supposed to 'educated') advise other people they're not venomous at all or have had their 'venom glands' removed. It's about as true as the 'fact' that all parrots can and WILL talk. Because, all birds talk, right? o_O Joking of course.

I've handled some over the years based on the situation, but I've never had them just to 'hold' them or 'freak people out'. They're mostly like fish tanks for me: I guess is a good description. Besides, some species I've had, you would seriously regret it if you tried to hold it most likely. There's a balance between experience and just plain stupid, IMHO. That balance is different for everyone though.
Yeah. I know a little about them. Like the more common ones people have are poisonous and have fangs but don't use them on humans usually. That's like the one I held. But of course there are different kinds that don't tolerate humans as you said. The only spiders I'm really afraid of are the ones you find in your house that are tiny. I yell for some one to save me when that happens. Lol. I have a healthy respect for ones who can't or wont get me though. :smuggrin: