• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming Young Male Cockatiel; Eugene, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisLittleBird

Meeting neighbors
I have been searching for a suitable, loving and attentive forever home for a 6 month old Certified Male Cockatiel. He has belonging such as his cage (30x20x54) Perches, Rope, ladders, Dishes, Food, Table Top Play-stand, 2 Featherbright avian light bulbs. He is just beginning to find his voice: he says
“Pretty Bird, “Go to Work Now, Bye” and whistles some happy little tunes. I have been searching for a home which is very experienced and understands exotic birds, ideally has a few other cockatiels and is responsible to allow him to be free flighted. If you have room in your heart for him.. Please contact us.. we are in Eugene, Oregon

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you find a wonderful new home for your 'tiel. May I ask why you want to rehome him?

ThisLittleBird

Meeting neighbors
Sudden serious medical issues... I am exhausted from tests and treatments and I am unable to give him the attention he deserves ... finding a good home has been difficult.. I take the approach that I learned with The Exotic Bird Rescue: gradual and home visits.. and what I find is the people I have had so far is that they say all the right things at first, but then I go to their house and it's a whole different story.....

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I'm very sorry to hear about your illness, I hope you can find the right home for your little fella, people often look so much better on paper than they do in reality. Good luck! I hope you find him a good new home soon!

ThisLittleBird

Meeting neighbors
yeah.... so many people out there haven't a clue how to take care of an exotic bird.. and the people who are responding - some already have birds and they don't pass my inspection at all and I feel very bad for their birds. Last week, I went to this woman's house who I had been exchanging emails with as well as a couple of phone calls.... she sounded good... but when I got to her house it was a complete filthy mess.. She had neglected to tell me about her 3 rabbits, 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 turtles and her one cockatiel.. all were living in a darkened living room... no, she will not be adding this cockatiel to her collection.... it was a pretty bad situation...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very sorry about your medical issues. It's good that you are being picky. Maybe taking your time to find a new home will give you time to feel better and then you might be able to keep him. If not, hope someone great comes along.

AviMom

Sprinting down the street
So sorry you're not well. He's so beautiful, I'd take him in a heart beat if I was closer. I'm sure you'll find him his forever home

Status
Not open for further replies.