• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming turquoise GCC (Washington State)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revika

Strolling the yard
He was born October 2013. I still have his portfolio/file and he is in good health. While being handraised by his original owners, another larger parrot was checking him out and pinched his foot. It's still entirely usable and he's even able to perch just on that foot occasionally. He is DNA sexed as male.

Due to job restrictions and certain living conditions, I don't give him the time he absolutely requires anymore and he just deserves the world. When I was only working a part time job when I adopted him, I was able to give him 4-6 hours of my time every day, and now it's maybe 1-2 hours since I work full time and have a part time job on the side as well. I would rather he go to a person who owns other parrots who are free to roam the home (if the person doesn't work from home), have a good quality diet of fresh food somewhere in there. He definitely would enjoy the constant companionship of his person or other birds.

He will come with:
- his large flight cage (HQ Flight Cage, Multi Purpose Aviary) 32" x 21" x 60". Just a forewarning it will need a decent scrub.
- all the toys in his cage and whatever toys he has I can find outside of his cage.
- remainder of his pellet food (Tropican Lifetime Formula Maintenance Parrot Granules) and a bag of seed treats.
- Bird-o-Pak (bird backpack that he can travel with you inside)
- small bird travel cage

I would like 400 USD flat fee for everything coming with him. I'm open to discussion on his fee to the right person!!

He's naturally fairly wary but warms up quickly, especially to men. He says a handful of comments such as "What'cha doing", "Nokcha come here", "hiiiii" and will give kisses when you say "Bbo-bbo 뽀뽀" which is korean for "kiss". I've casually clicker and point trained him so he is familiar with that. His name is also Korean which stands for green tea, since he is a greener turquoise hybrid of GCC.

Please help me find him a forever home! We are in Thurston County of Washington State.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hoping he finds a wonderful home

KhanKrazy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashley
I love all conures, but the Turquoise and Pineapple ones are my absolute favorites. Best of luck to you...

Revika

Strolling the yard
Thank you guys! Forgot to mention an important tidbit - he was handraised, so he is friendly with people's hands and the like!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I sooooo so wish I could. I eventually would like to have a friend for Rupert, but that's probably a few years away right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.