• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Okay, I wanted to update y'all on my situation. I was asked to rehome a White- capped Pionus. Sherman, the WC, is coming to my tiny but growing flock in a week. Her quarantine ends about the same time the Conures move in. The training/privacy room is now the quarantine room.
What's funny to me is that after losing Chloe, my 6 month old Budgie gets senior status. The WC is 7 years old and will be middle and the 15 month old Conures will hold the lowest rank. That seems out of alignment to me.
Each bird has its own cage(s) and toys. The rescue lady said Sherman is a trusting introvert. Anyway, it looks like this will be the "Summer of Quarantine."

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How exciting!!! Pionus :heart:

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Well, Sherman came home with me. We drove home together and she seemed fine with the LONG trip.
The door to the quarantine room was almost the same width as Sherman's daycage. I had to take the door off the hinges to move it in. HAHA Her quarantine will end a few days before I pick up the conures.
Sherman's napping and eating and even did some preening in front of me. She's dipping her fruit pellets in water so is going back and forth between her bowls. She still isn't brave enough to leave her travel/night cage.
She's barely made a sound and is watching everything I do. When the Sun moves in, that'll probably change. HAHA
Everybirdy gets to visit the AV tomorrow.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Okay, I have a new plan. JoJo stays in my room (fourth bedroom). Sherman quarantines in the training room (first bedroom). The conures quarantine in the guestroom (second bedroom). When the Summer of Quarantine ends, everybirdie moves into the living room. The first bedroom goes back to being a training room, the second bedroom goes back to being the guestroom and the tvs go to the guestroom and the DIY room (third bedroom).
Any different or better suggestions? Will everybirdie moving into the living room on the same weekend be too shocking for all? I'm new at adoption.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It sounds like a good plan! Of course it'll be shocking, but if you wanted to try and make the transition smoother, you could take them to the livingroom for short periods of time after the quarantine is over before moving them permanently!

Status
Not open for further replies.