• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming Sun Conure in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseytropical

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
kasey demeyer
Hi im new to this forum and do not want to be judged because I know there is a lot of judgment with people rehoming birds because they simply "dont have the time", etc. However that is not the case, I love my sun conure to death and cant even believe I have to think about rehoming him but I have developed a serious medical/allergy issue due to his dust/mites he has on his feathers. I have had him for almost 9 years and after months and months of me not feeling well, I went to the doctor and they told me I have developed a throat dysfunction from being exposed to his allergens. Im 19 years old and this bird has been my childhood pet. I cant imagine my life without him but it is not fair to keep him because I cant cuddle, sleep, be with him as much anymore because of the allergens. I simply cannot give him the love he has gotten in the past and deserves because it flares up my asthma/allergies. If anyone is interested in the phoenix or arizona area please let me know. I only want him to go to a home I know is a good fit. This breaks my heart to do this but it isnt even a choice, i cant keep him with my breathing/throat problems. If you or anyone you know would be interested please respond back, i want what is best for him. Thank you.

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@kaseytropical ...you will never be negatively judged here. We know of many cases of people having to give up their beloved birds because of health reasons. I can't imagine anything sadder in the world than that to occur.

Hoping you can find a great home for him soon...and sending out prayers for improving health...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry you have to rehome him. I'm assuming you've already ruled out air purifiers, frequent baths, etc to see if that helps?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe Avian exotic rescue in Scottsdale? Mandy is a wonderful woman!! Or,,,fallen feathers in ,I think Peoria? Jody, is also wonderful!! I'm sorry you have to do this..

kaseytropical

Real Name
kasey demeyer
Thank you for all the responses it means a lot! I have looked at the rescues nearby and will ask them if they have anyone that might be interested. I live in scottsdale but would be willing to travel for him if someone is interested. I want to give him to a home, not a rescue because I want to be in contact with the person and get updates on him. Maybe a home with another sun, or even other bird.And yes I have air purifies, allergy medicine, everything under the sun and he is still affecting my breathing. Rehoming is the last resort. Your responses mean more than you can imagine, thank you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thank you for all the responses it means a lot! I have looked at the rescues nearby and will ask them if they have anyone that might be interested. I live in scottsdale but would be willing to travel for him if someone is interested. I want to give him to a home, not a rescue because I want to be in contact with the person and get updates on him. Maybe a home with another sun, or even other bird.And yes I have air purifies, allergy medicine, everything under the sun and he is still affecting my breathing. Rehoming is the last resort. Your responses mean more than you can imagine, thank you!
Some rescues will do home to home adoptions. Ours here does. Basically, the rescue doesn't take the bird but will help list the bird for adoption and put you in contact with interested people. You might see if any rescues near you do that. We actually just had a Sun get adopted through our rescue that way this past week.

kaseytropical

Real Name
kasey demeyer
Yes he has been around other birds! And animals; I have 2 dogs and a cat. I had him stay with a friend a while back because I was in the process of moving and she had several birds (11!). He is such a sweetie and has never harmed any other bird before. I want him to have some friends he can be around in his potential new home. That is ideal. His name is tropical and he is 8 1/2. I’ve had him since he was a baby

Attachments

Last edited:

kaseytropical

Real Name
kasey demeyer
@sunnysmom thank you for the response. I’m definitely going to look into that, I didn’t know Rescue’s helped in the process of re homeimg. I will look at the local ones and reach out!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@sunnysmom thank you for the response. I’m definitely going to look into that, I didn’t know Rescue’s helped in the process of re homeimg. I will look at the local ones and reach out!
Not all of them do, but some do. It's worked really well for our rescue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.