• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming my birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I don't want to leave just because of the lack of discrimination laws, it'd feel like running away
Well I certainly understand that outlook as they just love to hate and you just want fix it and make it better for everyone rather than let them win. If you buy your own home once it closes as long as you make your mortgage and don't completely tick off the neighborhood they can't make you do anything. I bought my place in 2012 and it's the best thing I've ever done and I'm finally paying myself and if I want to punch holes in my wall or change something it's my choice and my mortgage is way cheaper than the rent would be on a comparable house so I'm actually saving money as well.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Daniel isn't tame at all, but Dexter sort of is. I haven't had him for long, only a few months, but he's already not really scared of me anymore. He lands on me when he flies around and lands on the food bowl while I'm holding it. Not quite hand tame but tamer than most finches
@mythic55 I remembered you when I read this but I don't know much about finches.

kanth

Strolling the yard
I’m looking for a rescue to take the birds. I can’t find a foster or a home for them to go straight to, and I’m really on a time crunch here so please let me know if you know of any that could take them. I am going to North Carolina for my geckos foster so in nc or near that would be ideal but really anywhere is ok

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
If you were closer I would happily take in one of your tiels!

Except for one small fact...
My parents don't really know about the Avenue...

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@mythic55 has not been on 3years. I'm sorry for your situation. I hope you can find homes for them all.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
@mythic55 has not been on 3years. I'm sorry for your situation. I hope you can find homes for them all.
Sorry I mixed up the dates from her starting and last time she was here. April 2018. Again I'm sorry for your situation.

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
Did you find a home for your tiels? If not..any pics and info on them?

kanth

Strolling the yard
Did you find a home for your tiels? If not..any pics and info on them?
I’m talking to a rescue who might be taking them but so far no. They are females, evey and padme, who are rescues. Padme used to pluck/mutilate and she still does but not much anymore. They both barber their flights as a reaction to being half clipped before I got them. They aren’t bonded and they don’t live together but they get along. They used to be bonded and live together but padme got sick and spent a couple weeks at the vet and they lost the bond and disliked living together. I don’t know their age or a ton about their past, except that they were class pets. Evey dislikes me so I don’t know much about her other than she enjoys wooden toys, padme is calm and sweet but very nervous. Evey steps up onto a perch, I think she’d step up on hands but again she doesn’t like me so I wouldn’t know. Padme steps up most of the time. Padme likes chirping at night and if my other birds start screaming they’ll both join in but other than that they’re pretty quiet. Evey eats pellets and chop and padme is still transitioning from a seed diet, her diet is around 10-20% pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.