• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming my birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanth

Strolling the yard
I made a post recently looking for a foster. I really wanted it to work out but it was a lot to ask, it could only be for a few weeks but it could also be a year or more, I really have no idea. I emailed rescues and boarding facilities and every bird person near me that I know and nothing is working out, I'm on a time limit and I just don't think I'll find anyone in time. My friend is going to care for my quiet ones- galeo and padme, so I'm rehoming wobie the gcc, evey the cockatiel, dexter & daniel the society finches, and maxwell & lucy the peach faced lovebirds. Wobie needs a child & dog free home where he can be out the majority of the day. I don't feel like writing a ton right now so just look back at my other post for more details on the birds.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
:sadhug2:

I don't suppose there is any chance you could buy a small home? I feel terrible you are being evicted. It should be illegal :(

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Have you head back from any of the rescues you emailed?

kanth

Strolling the yard
:sadhug2:

I don't suppose there is any chance you could buy a small home? I feel terrible you are being evicted. It should be illegal :(
I have been thinking about that. I may be moving out of state in a couple years though, but I won’t even find out if I’m moving until this spring

Bonkers

Hit the Road
Real Name
Bonk's Adventure

kanth

Strolling the yard
My friend decided he wanted to take care of the 2 green cheeks instead of the single tiel & single gcc.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am so sorry for your situation! I hope very much that you find the right (foster) home for them!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I they treat you like that I would leave that state and try to get a home close enough in another state that doesn't care what you are as long as your a good person, good luck and I hope everything works out for everyone and critter involved:hug8:

kanth

Strolling the yard
I they treat you like that I would leave that state and try to get a home close enough in another state that doesn't care what you are as long as your a good person, good luck and I hope everything works out for everyone and critter involved:hug8:
I don't want to leave just because of the lack of discrimination laws, it'd feel like running away

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Are there any other near by rescues? I'd be happy to help with an AA train too if anyone here can take them. I'm not in a position where I can foster any birds right now unfortunately.

kanth

Strolling the yard
Are there any other near by rescues? I'd be happy to help with an AA train too if anyone here can take them. I'm not in a position where I can foster any birds right now unfortunately.
There could be more rescues, just not any I know of

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
@kanth I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for you :( I wish there something I could do. I wish you well and I hope there's a soft place for all of your fids to land

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
There could be more rescues, just not any I know of
Are your finches hand tame? I'm asking because I remember an AA member who recently lost one of her hand tame finches after having gone through Hades & high water to get them back to the U.S. from Dubai (I believe). I can't flipping remember her name now. @rocky'smom ?

kanth

Strolling the yard
Are your finches hand tame? I'm asking because I remember an AA member who recently lost one of her hand tame finches after having gone through Hades & high water to get them back to the U.S. from Dubai (I believe). I can't flipping remember her name now. @rocky'smom ?
Daniel isn't tame at all, but Dexter sort of is. I haven't had him for long, only a few months, but he's already not really scared of me anymore. He lands on me when he flies around and lands on the food bowl while I'm holding it. Not quite hand tame but tamer than most finches

Status
Not open for further replies.