• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srohe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzanna
i am new to this forum. We have a Quaker parrot Gracie who’s 5 and a G2 Maggie who’s 4. Have had them both since they were babies. We are considering rehoming our G2 Maggie. We love her dearly and only want what’s best for her. I work in animal rescue mainly dogs, cats and rabbits and over the years I have gotten in over my head in taking some in to our home. My 12 year old son recently tried out for a travel baseball team and made it. Come spring we will be gone a lot. Maggie deserves more time than we can give her. I spoke with the owner of Suagr Creek Bird Farm where I get my supplies from. She gave my number to a lady who is looking for a G2. I have been in touch with this lady who has other birds and seems to have much knowledge on them. My only doubt is that Maggie has her flight wings and this lady would want to trim them if she takes her. To help with training and so that she learns the ways around her house. In everyone’s experience would this be to much stress for Maggie going to another home and also having her flight wings gone? I just want to make the right decision.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I’m so sorry you are finding yourself in the position to have to rehome you baby. I personally would keep looking for the home that makes you feel the most comfortable and for me, especially with a Cockatoo, leaving her fully flighted is something I would definitely want for her. Only you will know though. Good luck!

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I think it would be doubly stressful for her to have her wings trimmed plus transitioning to a new environment

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
i am new to this forum. We have a Quaker parrot Gracie who’s 5 and a G2 Maggie who’s 4. Have had them both since they were babies. We are considering rehoming our G2 Maggie. We love her dearly and only want what’s best for her. I work in animal rescue mainly dogs, cats and rabbits and over the years I have gotten in over my head in taking some in to our home. My 12 year old son recently tried out for a travel baseball team and made it. Come spring we will be gone a lot. Maggie deserves more time than we can give her. I spoke with the owner of Suagr Creek Bird Farm where I get my supplies from. She gave my number to a lady who is looking for a G2. I have been in touch with this lady who has other birds and seems to have much knowledge on them. My only doubt is that Maggie has her flight wings and this lady would want to trim them if she takes her. To help with training and so that she learns the ways around her house. In everyone’s experience would this be to much stress for Maggie going to another home and also having her flight wings gone? I just want to make the right decision.
Are you still looking to rehome your Maggie? You're in Indiana, aren't you? Can you tell me more about her?

Srohe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzanna
@MisfitHouse we would consider it to the right person. She is very attached to us which has made this difficult. We are in Indiana. Where are you located?

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Sorry, I have been offline a bit and I think my notifications are turned off... I am NW of Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.