• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming, fostering, adopting

Status
Not open for further replies.

suez38

Meeting neighbors
I am looking to take in any bird that needs a nice warm, loving, spoiled, free flying home in the TRI-CITIES area or someone that is willing to transport it/them to me. I have been raised with birds all my life. I am 38 been married for 19 years have 1 child he is 12. We all love animals alot and I love birds the most. My parents had a steady stream of fosters when I was growing up every thing from finches to macaws from hand feeds to 25yr olds. And since I have been married I have had the pleasure of having a white eyed conure named Duke he was the best I got him right after he was wined. oh how much I loved him very much but about 2yrs after i became the manager and head teacher of a major tax franchise so to say my life got hectic is an under statment. I was working 80 hour weeks sometimes 18 hour days my own family did not know who I was so my poor baby Duke was suffering the most and I had to make the hardest decision of my life and found him a new owner and gave him away. now another 3 years later I have had an accident and I am in a wheelchair and disabled and can no longer work (which sucks so bad) and wishing I had never gave up Duke but at the time it was the right thing to do. But now here I sit with little to no money and wishing I had a bird to occupy my days and nights with so If ANY one out there has a bird anything that has the potential to talk and you want it to go to a very loving home I am the right place I just do not have much money to offer but ALOT OF LOVE. As for vetting if the bird gets sick I have a friend that would lend me the money to take it to them vet. so that is covered.
thanks for reading my ad and have a great day!!!
:heart::)

LuvMyAlex

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rhonda
I am sorry to read about what has happened to you. :hug8:I wonder if you could foster for a rescue group? They might then cover any vet costs. I think fostering is so rewarding. You never know you might even find the right bird that fits perfectly with your life and family.

suez38

Meeting neighbors
do you know of any rescue groups in my area? i will start to reaserch theam now:hug8:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Great idea
I am sorry to read about what has happened to you. :hug8:I wonder if you could foster for a rescue group? They might then cover any vet costs. I think fostering is so rewarding. You never know you might even find the right bird that fits perfectly with your life and family.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Where are you located - country, state/province, city?

I agree that fostering is a great idea.

kackels

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kakie Currey
Have you looked on the net for rehomes?

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Fostering for a rescue is a wonderful idea. I'm also not sure what the tri-cities area is.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
It's in Washington state, towards the high desert area I think.

Attachments

Last edited:

Malinda

Strolling the yard
Also check the pet listings in your area on eBayclassifieds.com

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
There are areas all over the US that are called the "tri-cities" area. Need a little more in specifics.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In one of her earlier posts she said she was in Elizabethton TN.

Sorry, I don't know of any rescues close to there. You can always post that you are looking for a bird rescue on your local craigslist.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

MessyBeaks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Wonder if Mid-South Bird Rescue is anywhere near her?

suez38

Meeting neighbors
:omg:I am so sorry for the confussion I am in the tri-cities in tennessee which includes bristol, kingsport, and johnson city and a whole lot of other smaller towns I am real close to VA, and NC state lines. hope this helps:lol:

suez38

Meeting neighbors
Seems everywhere I turn there is a road block PHOENIX LANDING does not serve my state but it does serve 2 states around me so on a hopeful note I am going to call them in the morning and see if they will consider me as a foster. And also Mid-South is 4 hours away from me i filled out an app. for a foster or rescue but it let me download the form and fill it out but did not give me a place to submit it:confused: and all the other rescues that I have found have been 500 miles away or more. so if any one hears of any thing a rescue or someone needing to rehome or needing a foster in my area (tri-cities- TN) please let me know I am a great mom if I do say so myself lol Thanks guys for all the help so for you have been great!!!!!

kackels

Real Name
Kakie Currey
Have you looked on Craigslist in ur area?

suez38

Meeting neighbors
yes I have looked and I have in the past placed ads and if they are not flagging me they are responding and saying that I am a flipper and calling me nasty names which none of them are true. To be perfectly honest and I was not going to say this but when I had my accident and went from the queen of office hours to no office hours it put me into therapy and when I had my other bird he made me happy to be around him so my therapist thinks that getting another one would help and go along way in releaving some of the stress on me and be sort of a service animal but by me fostering I can feel like I am giving something back and I just feel that is the way to go If I can find someone or a rescue that could use me.

LuvMyAlex

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rhonda
yes I have looked and I have in the past placed ads and if they are not flagging me they are responding and saying that I am a flipper and calling me nasty names which none of them are true. To be perfectly honest and I was not going to say this but when I had my accident and went from the queen of office hours to no office hours it put me into therapy and when I had my other bird he made me happy to be around him so my therapist thinks that getting another one would help and go along way in releaving some of the stress on me and be sort of a service animal but by me fostering I can feel like I am giving something back and I just feel that is the way to go If I can find someone or a rescue that could use me.
Yes I agree. Having animals in your life is great for helping you through challenging times. They have a way of making you smile when nothing else can. Don't give up looking into fostering and at Craig's List. There will be a special birdy out there for you.

kackels

Real Name
Kakie Currey
Are you wanting a bird for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.