• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Rehome B&G Macaw Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Melgar

Moving in
Hi,

I have posted about Scooter before, but I don't know how to update that post, so I'm making a new one. Three out of four of my family members DO NOT want Scooter here. I LOVE him, but he is creating a lot of conflict, so I need to find a home where everybody wants him.

He's 27 years old, relatively quiet (screams only when he wants to be near us), the king of regurgitation, does not fly, says a few things/does a few tricks, lives with cats and dogs, has indoor and outdoor cages and many boxes of toys/parts. He used to live with a bird, but I don't think he was bonded. I don't know how he does with other birds. He bites on occasion, as most birds do, and it's unpredictable. He is rarely caged - only at night and when nobody is home (but I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I'm here most days).

We are near Atlanta and willing to drive 5 hours in any direction. I'm being VERY picky about where he goes. He's happy and has a good home here, but it's just not working out. These pics were taken a few days ago.
Scooter outside 2 2017.JPG Scooter outside 2017.JPG

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
He's Beautiful. Good Luck finding a Great place for him to land. :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hopefully you can find Scooter a new home soon...

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
He is beautiful, sadly I am at my limit of 3 or I would take him. I am not far from Atlanta so it makes me sad that I can't help. Have you talked to any rescues in your areas? I'm not suggesting you take him there but if Atlanta has one like the one in the Bham area they might be able to suggest from their list of people searching for a bird like Scooter. The rescue in my area is very serious about who they release rehomes and even require testing of knowledge in how to care for them. For help in finding a suitable home you would give your info to the rescue and they would glean from their people who have applied. You would keep your companion in your own home and let people come meet him and interact. You could even do a home check to make sure the people have an appropriate space. Good luck to you...he is a beauty!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry that you have to rehome him. You could ask your veterinarian if he/she knows of anyone who is looking for a macaw that he/she would recommend.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Do you mind if I pass this along to people I know near the Atlanta area?

luckym

Meeting neighbors
I would love to come and meet him, but I unfortunately live too far :( My family has been looking for adopt a macaw for ages now

Skye2017

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Teisa Clark
I think Scooter is Beautiful!!! There is a Avian Sanctuary in Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg that might take him! He is a beautiful bird!! I love Blue and Golds but I'm a bit timid of their bite! A cockatoo is the biggest bird I have ever owned. But I love the macaws!

Status
Not open for further replies.