• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Regurgitation vs Vomiting

Magisceris

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Magisceris Rose
So my boyfriend and I got our Green Cheek Conure 3 weeks ago, and we are still getting used to this.. We are getting him used to pets and scratches, and earlier today Matt was scratching his neck feathers. Roo started to bob his head up and down a bunch and got pretty silly. We thought it was funny so he did it again and I got it on video, but then he threw up mashed millet and grapes into Matt's hand (he said it looked kind of like mashed potatoes?) I went straight to the internet to find answers, and Im hoping this is regurgitation. When matt set him back down and got his hand close Roo started bobbing again but hasnt thrown up anymore since. He's very affectionate and doesn't seem to be sick or have ruffled feathers or anything, I'm just hoping someone has some advice for us!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
ok 2 questions, how old is this bird ? do you know whether it's male or female?, what are it's poops like?
it sounds like regurg to me. vomiting is most often side to side head movements and slinging it everywhere.
I am going to call in some other folks @Milo @SandraK until they check in. keep the bird hydrated, warm and quiet.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Welcome to fine world avian love.

Magisceris

Real Name
Magisceris Rose
It's actually his first birthday today. We aren't for sure on a gender, we just associate Hyroo as 'he'. His poops look no different than usual, and hes still flying eating and drinking as usual. Currently on top of his door waving at me with his foot.

Magisceris

Real Name
Magisceris Rose
No this was more of an up and down bobbing motion, then he almost had a shiver and went blegh into Matt's hand when he shuddered.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sounds like regurge, it's an affection thing.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
He LOVES him! Birdie LOVE!:heart:

Magisceris

Real Name
Magisceris Rose
Ok perfect cause I was worried all night about our little guy. Its his first birthday and for breakfast hes getting oatmeal with unsweetened almond milk, strawberries and apples. Happy mama and happy baby bird!!