• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitating Conure

iaine_mac

Checking out the neighborhood
I brought in a rescue Sun Conure a couple of days ago. He regurgitates like 24/7. Ive never seen anything like it. He eats some pellets, goes over to a favorite toy, brings it all back up. Does this all day long. Im not keeping him, Im taking him back to the rescue group and telling them they need to have this bird checked out by an avian vet. But has anyone else experienced this? Ive been handling parrots since I was a kid and Ive never seen this as a stress behavior before. Any advice or anecdotes would be great.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does he just do that to the one toy? If so I would recommend removing that toy and see what happens. You have only had him for a few days. He is probably a bit scared and is connecting with the toy/feeding it. Since he is a new bird to you I would recommend taking him to the vet for a new bird check up or checking with the rescue group to see if they had him checked out. Welcome to AA. Hope that things will work out.