• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Reddish substance in dropping

koneko

Strolling the yard
i noticed that Akio had reddish liquid in his droppings yesterday morning. He had eaten beetroot on the previous night but it was different than beetroot pigmented droppings.i showed it to my vet and she said that it could be anything.
I did a hydrogen peroxide test in which blood is supposed to turn pink on adding a few drops but nothing changed.maybe because the concentration was just 6%.
He has not shown any signs of illness and it didn't happen again.only once.His droppings are quite normal and he is eating well.
So i really don't know what to do.i have been thinking about it all the time.The avian vet lives in another city so unfortunately i could only share pictures with her.I can go there if needed but i am confused.
I have attached a photo of it below: 20190815_084134.jpg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I would just keep monitoring the droppings like you have been doing. It may have just been some residual beetroot, or maybe he found some leftover food in his cage somewhere and ate it? If it's mostly an isolated event, I wouldn't worry too much.

:hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's not blood. Just a beet poop. I could show you some monsters but I don't have a pic. Might have to make one. :)

You can not make any judgements on any one or two poop events. If there was truly a problem this would continue over a period of time (48 hours).

koneko

Strolling the yard
I would just keep monitoring the droppings like you have been doing. It may have just been some residual beetroot, or maybe he found some leftover food in his cage somewhere and ate it? If it's mostly an isolated event, I wouldn't worry too much.

:hug8:
thanks.i guess he ate some leftover food like you said

koneko

Strolling the yard
It's not blood. Just a beet poop. I could show you some monsters but I don't have a pic. Might have to make one. :)

You can not make any judgements on any one or two poop events. If there was truly a problem this would continue over a period of time (48 hours).
thanks i am so relieved