• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommended thermostat?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My Apollo one failed last night. (It was recommended through Facebook groups). I know most people recommend herpstat, but $440 this close to Christmas is not an option. What’s a good affordable one to work with until after Christmas? I have 3 snakes. My Leo’s thermostats are still working right now, so I’m focusing on the snakes. Help!?!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Last edited:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Well I hope you have a new one by now but inkbird is a decent one.
Amazon.com: Heating Thermostat Inkbird ITC-306T Heater Temperature Controller Pre-Wired Dual Stage Timer Time Switch ONLY HEAT Outlet AC 100~240V,1200W NO Cooling: Industrial & Scientific

Edit: I feel like this came out snarkier than I meant it lol. Just meant I’m late to the party and you probably already have one but this is the cheap one I use. I also have a herpstat but they are expensive to buy for sure!

Oh no you’re fine! I actually don’t have a new one yet (I borrowed a few from a friend until I got good recommendations) I was trying to wait until tax time so I could get a rack system with the heat and thermostat and all...so I didn’t want to spend $$$ on a herp stat just yet!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Did you check out reptilebasics? It’s where I get my racks from now. I used to buy from ap but they were pretty expensive unless you bought the economy. But the economy was only good if you had high room ambient or colubrids.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Did you check out reptilebasics? It’s where I get my racks from now. I used to buy from ap but they were pretty expensive unless you bought the economy. But the economy was only good if you had high room ambient or colubrids.
Yep I plan on going through reptile basics! I’ve talked with them and gotten some prices together :)