• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommended Avian Vets Between Chicago and Detroit?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

I'm funny at places I don't know but I trust Sakas. I don't want to watch anymore then I wanted to watch my son at the doctor. I could never be a vet/doctor... ugh. I cried to @Hankmacaw for 30 minutes of a drive home when I had to give Maui injections. :rofl: All I kept saying was "OMG they handed me 60 little needles", they want me to stab my bird!"

Depending on what room you get you can peek out the back door and watch. :laugh: They are never really out of sight in that little tiny building. Mine scream their guts out so I know they are only 20 feet away. :hilarious:
Oh my goodness I can't imagine "stabbing your own bird" The things we do for love.
:hug8:

You can definitely get a good peek though

20181006_122858.jpg

Blu always pulls a fast on on them because most birds don't want to come out of their travel cage. So many times now when they open up his cage he flies out, zooms around and then lands on someone's head. :hehe:

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Blu always pulls a fast on on them because most birds don't want to come out of their travel cage. So many times now when they open up his cage he flies out, zooms around and then lands on someone's head. :hehe:
Aww, Blu :xflove: How can anyone even be mad at that cutie?

Luna is very good at the vet's office, but Wally has already learned to fly straight to my shoulders and promptly hide in the crook of my neck, under my hair, with no coaxing her out :shy:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Aww, Blu :xflove: How can anyone even be mad at that cutie?

Luna is very good at the vet's office, but Wally has already learned to fly straight to my shoulders and promptly hide in the crook of my neck, under my hair, with no coaxing her out :shy:
Aww, poor Wally! :(

The minute Blu and I walk in there he does a human laugh. Anyone that walks by, he laughs at them too:smuggrin:. He thinks he's a celebrity when he goes there :cool:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Macawnutz and others - if it is a choice between your bird dying and giving it injections, I hope every one of you would choose giving the injections. When Hank had Asper and MRSA so very bad along with opportunistic infections, I had to give him two injections per day for abut six weeks - then the same for Jasper when she was very, very ill and had methicillin resistant infections one after another (I leaned on @Macawnutz through all of my fear of her dying). I did it and I felt so badly for them, but it was about them and not how I felt - so I did it.

Now me personally, my son is 56 years old and I haven't had a shot since he was born. I haven't found a Dr. that was fast enough to catch me. But that's me, not my birds.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Hey! I did it! I hyperventilated into a paper bag before and after every one... Guess my heart condition played into that but who knew that then. LOL

All the vets make me towel my birds. Sometimes I let Sakas do Cha because it's just too funny to watch. She is a pit viper!

When Korbel went to Madison they took him in his rolling cage, 15 minutes later they came and got me as he was flying around the building. I was so mad. The dumb vet literally said "he put his foot up so I thought he would step up" ah duh... yah, a step out of the carrier and over your shoulder duh!!!!! I told them a thousand times how flighted he was.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Macawnutz I know you did and I'm proud of you for it. Like I always expected - you put your babies' welfare ahead of your emotions.